Hungry Girl help...

Options
I got a few of the Hungry Girl cookbooks from the library because I am trying to find recipes to stay within my calorie limits each day. However, browsing through her books, I've noticed that she uses a lot of sugar replacement products (like Splenda, etc.) and sugar-free versions of packaged products. However, I don't like using that kind of stuff. I understand she uses it because if you used regular sugar, it would push the calorie count much higher. There are some recipes where she doesn't use these products which I like but there aren't as many as I was hoping for. So I was wondering if anyone knows anyone or resources that have low calorie recipes that use healthy ingredients and not as many packaged items or sugar replacements? Thanks! :)

Replies

• purplebohemian
    Options
    How do you feel about stevia?

Not sure if I want to venture towards stevia or not. I don't know much about it--guess I will have to read up on it. I'm trying to cut down on processed products, and I've never really been a fan of sugar replacement products.
  • mellowdeezer
    mellowdeezer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Stevia is your answer! Just get the organic kind. A little goes a LONG way. I get mine at Whole Foods.
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Stevia x100
    that is all lol
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE Skinnytaste.com. Tons of healthy recipes using actual food instead of processed stuff.

Emilybites.com is good, too.

(Skinnytaste often uses agave as a sweetener)
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Yup came here to say Skinnytaste as well, that is if you are ok with agave.