Daily Calories vs Weekly Calories

Options
Hey all,
I excercise almost every day and often end up with a ton of 'extra calories'. Some days, I am famished and eat them all happily. Other days, I am not hungry nor in the mood to eat them back. Is it okay if I have a high calorie day, where I go over on calories, so long as I was below calories the rest of the week? Will I gain weight from a WEEKLY approach rather than DAILY approach? Any success stories with this? Thanks!

Replies

• LauraElectric
    LauraElectric Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bumped as was wondering the same thing.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I definitely do the weekly approach...there are some days I am like a bottomless pit and eat 1700 calories and others where I eat 1000...I try to average 1200 net calories a day...but look ONLY at the weekly number or I would get frustrated and give up...in the past I would get upset once I binge or go over and then just say screw it and keep eating...now I see hope since I can see the weekly view and one day doesn't "ruin" anything.....it seems to work for me....
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You can do daily or weekly approach, either way will work. However, as per your previous thread, you're only netting 800 calories daily. That's why you're famished. You can't do weekly if you're so far below daily. Binging one day and being severely under the rest of the week isn't going to help your progress or your metabolism.

I recommend you work on evening out your daily goal to at least the minimum 1200 calories, and then think about whether you want to daily or weekly.