ReWaRd?

Options
StacLegg
StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
My husband asked me the other night what my reward was when I lose 20lbs? It caught me off gaurd alittle. ummmm losing 20lbs is a huge reward in itself!! =) Well I've wanted to get my hair highlighted forever.... I stopped getting it done about a year ago to save money.... So I told him I'd love to get it highlighted again! He said go for it!!
well this morning I'm pretty sure I am at 19lbs gone..... and I thought well I should go ahead and schedule an appt.....
I feel too guilty about spending the money on me. Is it really gonna be a reward if I feel guilty... I don't know what to do.
We are working on our budget, trying to build up a savings acct after we had to wipe it out for medical reasons....
Then I think, I work full time, plus 2 part time jobs that bring in a couple of hundred extra a month.... I shouldn't feel guilty!
Has anyone esle dealt with these feelings?
( I just keep repeating in my head ~ holy crap ~ 20lbs!!!) lol I still can't believe it!! =)

Replies

• wyld4eva
    wyld4eva Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    We are also on a tight budget, however you need to do stuff for your self everyonce in awhile. A reward is a great way to do something nice for yourself with a little less guilt. You have been working very hard to achieve that 20lb goal and your husband seems very supportive so do it. Feeling good about yourself will also keep you on track for you next 20lbs :)
  • dbrady102
    dbrady102 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Way to go! As for the reward I know what you mean. Why is it always easy to spend the money on our kids or home but not on ourselves? But I say if you haven't spent money on yourself then what better reason to do it? Keep up the great work.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Get the highlights, you earned it. I buy myself a new italian charm from every 10 pounds. When I think about eating something that I know will end up right on the hips I look at my charms and remember how I earned them and worked for them. Every time you look in the mirror you will remember the reasons also. It's great motivation.
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Go for it and get your hair done! You deserve it! 20lbs is a big deal!

I would also like to note that your husband is supporting you, and dont forget to thank him for that. Your a lucky one!
  • lilbear911
    Options
    I think you should go for it! I know you said your tight on a budget, but you're not planning on getting your hair highlighted every few weeks or anything, right? Just this one time (for right now?) If that's the case, then I think you should totally do it! I'd be willing to bet once you got it done, you'll be glad you did and you won't be worrying about the money! Bottom line, you do know your budget better than anyone else, but unless it's really going to hurt y'all this month, I don't see a reason not to do ahead and do it. You deserve it girl! Good job with the 20 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I say go for it too! I am a Stay at Home Mom of 3 beautiful girls, and I feel guilty when I buy something that I NEED for myself. I understand the guilt part completely, but you have accomplished a wonderful thing. You should reward yourself. You are worth it!
  • FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Rewarding yourself for a job well done is a good investment. If you don't reward yourself you could end up with a feeling of resentment.

I have found that it doesn't matter how small the reward is so if money is tight try to find something within your budget. If you buy yourself new socks, every time you put on those socks you'll be reminded of what you accomplished.
  • wvmom30
    wvmom30 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Go for it....I have full time job and starting a part-time job !!! When I reach 20 lbs I will reward myself. :smile:
  • Get the highlights, you earned it. I buy myself a new italian charm from every 10 pounds. When I think about eating something that I know will end up right on the hips I look at my charms and remember how I earned them and worked for them. Every time you look in the mirror you will remember the reasons also. It's great motivation.

thats a great idea!
  • joysu
    joysu Posts: 71
    Options
    I love that idea about the charms!
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Go for it - you definitely deserve it xxx
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I'm going to reward myself when I reach 18lbs as that is my first major goal. So, you're LATE!!! :laugh:

Get your hair done hun - feel good!! You're deserve it! :wink:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    DO NOT FEEL GUILTY!!! You earned it. It will make you feel and look fab!!! When I hit my 25 lb mark-which is half my goal-I may do a pedi. I have never had one. When I hit the whole goal I am going full makeover...donating all my clothes and buying new cute(smaller) ones
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    First, I have to say, AWESOME job!!! Second, being a mom and a wife, I have a problem with spending money on me, especially since we're also on a tight budget. Maybe your reward should be how ever much you lose($20 this time). You shouldn't feel guilty about your reward. Maybe get something that you need for the house, or put something on layaway for xmas.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!