Broke my plateau!

Options
RaggedyPond
RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
After 4 months of struggling I finally broke my plateau and lost 5 lbs this week! I hope my body keeps it up! I almost gave up hope so many times, but my husband was there pushing me on.

Replies

• angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    good for you any tips from how you did it?
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I bet that felt good!
  • RaggedyPond
    Options
    I had plain oatmeal for breakfast, very much limited my sugar, cup of coffee every morning. I ran, walked, or did elliptical for at least an hour everyday. And started having more yogurt and milk.
  • Fergie2154
    Options
    Plateaus can be discouraging.. THANK GOODNESS you stuck it out. YOU GO!!!

I've been weighing the same for the past 3 weeks... I am determined to continue because I know I am doing the right thing and my body WILL continue to change in the positive direction.

Thanks for posting this ..because I am now even more encouraged! :happy:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AngelDog1
    Options
    Yeah!!! I can feel your happiness too! I just broke my 5 week plateau!!! Yeah us!!!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!!! I've been around the same weight for a few weeks. Glad to see there's encouraging stories out there! I'm keeping it up... but it is frustrating. Great job!
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Did your plateau last 4 months? That is a long time, when I plateau for a month, I usually get discouraged and give up. Good for you for making it through, please share what you did.
  • RaggedyPond
    Options
    I had little to no table sugar. Choked down 1/2 cup plain oatmeal in the morning with strong coffee. Found small things to increase my calories. Like a glass of whole milk or low fat yogurt. I looked up what my BMI was and set my calories at what my body needs everyday to live. Which was an increase of 300 calories a day from what I was normally eating. I did NOT eat my exercise calories, just a standard 1500 a day. Then I went for 500 calories lost a day in exercise. And yes it was a full 4 months without loose a single ounce!
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    That is great you hung in there... I get discouraged real easy myself... Glad you hung in there... ... 5 mos is a long time... I bet it felt so good to see that scale move... Congrads... Keep up your fantastic work... That is wonderful your husband kept encouraging you....
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    wow!! Congratulationson your patience and persistence :flowerforyou:
  • lilmom1
    lilmom1 Posts: 69
    Options
    Knew you could do it girl !!!! Great job!
  • donya35
    donya35 Posts: 166
    Options
    Whoooooooooot!!!!! YAY for you!! That's so awesome!
  • sgssmile
    Options
    That is interesting, there must be some truth to that milk thing. Good for you, congrats. I only have 2.5 lbs. to my final goal and it feels like these last couple of pounds are holding on for dear life. It has been pretty frustrating but I have'nt given up, I will give the milk and yogurt a try, thanks.:flowerforyou:
  • sgssmile
    Options
    I started eating fat free yogart and increased my milk consumption along with a little more exercise and I finally lost .9lbs.!!!! FINALLY some movement, THANK YOU so much for the advise, it seems to be working :wink:
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Whoooooooooot!!!!! YAY for you!! That's so awesome!

MMMMMM your profile pic is making me hungry for Candy Corn now LOL :-P
  • mountainmanjake
    mountainmanjake Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I noticed you and a couple others mention adding coffee in your breakfast. Is that supposed to be beneficial? get your metabolism going or something? I generally stay away from coffee, just because I figure stay away from all stimulants, alchahol caffeine etc... but I do enjoy a cup of coffee so if it will actually benefit weight loss than i'm in!
  • maddentm
    Options
    Glad you broke your plateau!!:happy:
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    I noticed you and a couple others mention adding coffee in your breakfast. Is that supposed to be beneficial? get your metabolism going or something? I generally stay away from coffee, just because I figure stay away from all stimulants, alchahol caffeine etc... but I do enjoy a cup of coffee so if it will actually benefit weight loss than i'm in!

Some recent studies have shown coffee to have possible health benefits. It's loaded with antioxidants and certain minerals. It also correlates (and correlation is not *necessarily causation, but it's better than nothing) with a lower risk of diabetes. Not sure about how it effects metabolism. Here's an article that you might want to check out that kind of sums up everything I've read on coffee. http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/coffee-new-health-food
    (I can find you other sources if you don't think webmd is all that credible. This is just the first one I found that put everything together well.)

In other words, a cup of coffee once a day or every couple of days is fine and possibly even beneficial. If you're worried about caffeine, maybe try a decaf brand.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! Plateaus SUCK! :tongue: Good for you to sticking with it and making some tweaks to changes things up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!