5'4 ladies and calories

Options
hello to all

i am hypothyroid, 184 pounds (obese) and have begun c25k and want to continue running.

but i am interested in calories eaten by girls of my size to lose weight.

and especially people who have lost weight how much do you used to eat.

i dont want to follow mfp calories because that doeanot seems right to me.

regards :)

Replies

• jelly5454
    jelly5454 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and eat around 1200 a day, and eat back my exercise cals, I do Ck25k and am on Week 5.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    When I was eating 1400 cals and doing half hours exercise a day I lost weight quite quickly so I'm sure I could have got away with eating more.

Have you looked at a BMR calculator to give you an estimate of how many calories you would need if you just stayed in bed all day? You shouldn't really eat below that.

Also a TDEE calculator should give you an estimate of how many calories you usually burn in a day and that number -20% should keep you above BMR and have you losing weight at a sensible pace and with not too restrictive a diet.

With the TDEE -20 method most people do not eat back exercise calories.
  • gaidinsgir1
    gaidinsgir1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and losing 1.5-2 lbs a week eating 1600 a day and if I want to I eat a bit of my exercise calories back too.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    looking for more answers.
  • lucylou1977
    lucylou1977 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4 and around 140 pounds. I can lose around a pound a week eating 1,700 calories a day. I run twice a week for 30 minutes each time and don't eat back those calories.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 years old, 5'4.5", and 170.2lbs as of my last weigh in. According to my fitbit dashboard I consume an Average of 1884 calories per day.

Net Calories for the past 90 days:
    2ronbyt.png

Total Calories Consumed for the past 90 days:
    4uwfhf.png

Weight for the last 180 days:
    smg2vb.png

Progress thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1100730-191-days-of-mfp-47-8lbs-lost-35-2lbs-to-go?hl=191+days#posts-16987716
  • 1linde
    1linde Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories PLUS my exercise calories, so average 1300 - 1600 a day including whatever exercise I do. My current weight loss is very slow and I have been increasing my activity, I'm about half way to my goal and am still in the obese overweight range but moved out of the obese range which was a real milestone for me.:love:

24 pounds to reach a healthy BMI for me.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm
  • Karaduy91
    Options
    I aim for 1200 calories a day and exercise 4 times a week, usually for 60 minutes each.
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4. Current weight : 128lbs, and i eat 1700 calories on average ; i exercise 5 days a week
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and net 1200. Actual calories consumed probably averages around 1700-1800ish, but I have followed mfp eating back exercise calories and lost 82 lbs. I see no reason to change that. I started at 233, now 151.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Depends upon how fast you want to lose the weight. My SW was 155 lbs, and I want to weigh 130 lbs. I don't care how fast I lose it, so I eat around 1500 cals a day and try to get in a three mile walk three times a week. Sometimes I get more exercise, and sometimes I get so busy that I can't. Either way, I don't stress about it as long as I'm not gaining.
  • lsigall
    lsigall Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'5" and I eat around 1,400 calories a day. I am working with a registered dietician, and she and I discussed what I was most comfortable with in the range between 1,300 - 1,500 calories a day to lose approx. 1 lb. per week. I find 1,300 calories too restrictive, but am pretty comfortable on 1,400.

I don't eat back most of my exercise calories, as my RD and I agreed. I am averaging around 1 lb. a week, so it's working for me!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and eat around 1200 a day, and eat back my exercise cals, I do Ck25k and am on Week 5.

For 2 pounds (really 1.5 because 2 pounds would be 1000)- this. it is important to accurately enter your exercise calories though. I would recommend a fitbit or something that tracks your movement throughout the day. I usually average about 1600 total on exercise days, which is about the same as TDEE-20%. If you eat back your exercise calories, the MFP number isn't wrong. Most people just don't handle the exercise calories correctly. Also, I don't eat 1600 every day (someone following the TDEE-20% rule would) because some days I am lazy and I sit on my butt all day. You will be hungry at first, but your body will adjust. If you are going over your calories every day, you are eating the wrong foods.
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm a touch over 5'3, 125lbs and I eat about 1600 calories a day. I eat my exercise calories back about half of the time.
  • skamnorth
    Options
    5'3 and I eat 1200, but I also walk/hike a lot and eat back most my calories.

A couple of years ago I went on a diet of 800 kcal a day and lost a lot of weight very, very quickly but gained it all back again. I think keeping a proper diet and exercising is much better for the long run.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 182, exercise a minimum of 300 minutes per week (weights, yoga, and combination of running/cycling/swimming), and I eat about 1900 calories per day. I've lost 18 pounds in 4 months (about 17 weeks) so that's pretty close to 1 lb. per week. The other big factor is age--people in their early 20s are going to lose faster than me (I'm 39).
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I use the site below to figure out my BMR and TDEE and I use those numbers as my range of calories to stay between. I use the sedentary setting so I log my exercise and eat back the calories I burn.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 157 pounds, 42 yrs old

Based on my actual results (MFP data/spreadcshee calculations), my BMR before exercise is approximately 1700 cals and my TDEE is around 1900.

Except for actual workouts, my lifestyle is sedentary (work from home/computer). My workouts are a combination of cardio days (500-600 cals), strength days (200-300 cal) and rest days (<100 cal nothing or short walk).

I started MFP at 200 pounds. You can see the details of my intake/calorie burn/results over time for different weight levels in the following blog post. The summer/fall numbers will be close to your current weight. You can see I was losing 1-1.5 pounds per week at those calorie intake levels.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/elisabeisme/view/analysis-paralysis-examining-my-numbers-to-understand-my-weight-loss-results-578625

But keep in mind that the 20 year age gap will add about 75-100 calories to your BMR for our height/weight range.
  • mcrumpsf
    mcrumpsf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, and I've lost 12 pounds in two half months. I eat 1600-1700 a day, and I work out three times a week for 30-45 minutes.
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5, started at 163 lbs eating 1100 cals a day and eating back exercise calories, then i started increasing my intake when i started losing weight. Every 5 lbs i increased 100 cals a day. I lost 18 lbs so far and i am at 1500/day! I still want to lose 20 lbs but i am taking my time (hoping to reach goal by june 2014)