Looking for Friends and Support

Hi everyone, I am 45 years old and just started using MFP faithfully about 3 weeks ago. I am 235 pounds and 5'6" tall. My weight is hovering here and I am not sure if I am using the program right. I would like this weight change to happen slowly, as I know this is going to be a lifestyle change for me. I guess my expectation was, when I started using this the weight would come off faster at first and then level out. I started out at 246 pounds. Am I expecting too much too fast? I would love some advice and to add some friends. Thanks all. :wink:

Replies

• kp130
    kp130 Posts: 23 Member
    Welcome. I am adding you as a friend. Please call me if you need any support. It didn't come on over night its not leaving over night. You are in control and you can do this! You are so right to make it a life style change!
  • togienurse
    togienurse Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks. Its great to meet you. Its nice to have the support of others that have done this.
  • minnie503
    minnie503 Posts: 50 Member
    Hi! I am almost 42, 5'4" and at 226... please feel free to add me. :smile:
  • lsigall
    lsigall Posts: 58 Member
    Hi. I'm 5'5". Started the year at 203, now down to 175. I log every day. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    I am adding you as a friend. My name is Jennifer , I am 49, and started MFP weighing 260.8 in Dec 2012. I am now 219 and stuck. The weight is coming off slowly, but it is coming off forever!
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Hi, I am 56 years old, 5'7, and weigh 226. I started back in January and have lost 44 lbs. several ladies I know on MFP have lost twice as fast as I have. I know the frustration. I am always looking for supportive friends as I believe they are the secret weapon. I know I wouldn't be here without them. Add me I will help as much as I can. I'm on daily. I know this is a lifestyle change, so healthy food should outweigh snacks. But we aren't perfect either. That's my approach. Stick with it! Slow but sure wins the race.

Lin
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Request sent...
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Hi , I've been on mfp since August as well and have lost around the same amount of weight as you in that time & I have stalled a few times too , but it is still coming off . So I think your doing the right things , either that or I'm doing it wrong too ! Although I have noticed more NSVs like losing 2 dress sizes & & my body shape changing . I'm going to stick at it & feel free to add me for support .
  • Hi, I am also fairly new, about 7 weeks, I have lost 8 pounds so it hasn't been fast. I sent you a friend request, I believe the friends I have on made on this site have made all the difference in the world. Slow isn't a bad thing, if you lose slow it is more likely that it will stay off and that is important.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    I have sent a friend request. Seems a lot of us are in the same boat!
  • NickyDiam
    NickyDiam Posts: 72 Member
    Hello, I'm 44 and started in August 2012, lost 60 lbs to date, another 60 to go. Please feel free to add me.
  • skylarbwell
    skylarbwell Posts: 40 Member
    Just sent you a request. I am new to MFP but am very committed to this journey. Good luck, you can do it!
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Hi , I am 49, 5'6" have been working out my whole life , if you like you can add me as a friend , as I can give you a different perspective , on working out , what works and what does not , proper clean foods to eat ect....:flowerforyou:
  • I there you can add me if you want, and welcome to MFP, you want it to come off slowly not to fast, its most peoples nightmare the weight thing, but with the help and support of others on here you will get through, just dont weigh yourself everyday, once a week is all you need, make it a friday first thing in the morning when you get up and have been to the loo, thats your true weight. im from NZ and dont seem to see many Kiwis on here, where are you from?
  • jaja76
    jaja76 Posts: 31 Member
    Welcome to MFP! It should be a slow process and small changes that last. Feel free to add if you'd like :)