Paramedic P90X and Insanity Transformation Story

Options
My name is Shane, I am a full time Paramedic and I have a wonderful family in whom I love dearly. July 2012 really changed my life, I realized how quickly life can change.

Replies

• Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on managing to turn something I can only imagine must've been absolutely terrifying and using it to achieve something incredible.
    I've yet to discover the willpower to manage much myself (despite trying on and off for a few years) and I'm hoping to finally get it done and get to the point where I can look in the mirror without feeling a sense of shame and disgust so this is a really cool thing to see especially how you managed to get through it juggling so many different elements.
  • Shanemintondotcom
    Options
    You can do it, look at what you have already accomplished, that is amazing! What did you do to achieve that? I know excactly how you feel, I have never liked what I saw in the mirror, but I can honestly say that I do now. BTW, did you watch my transformation video also?
  • Shanemintondotcom
    Options
    I would be glad to help you achieve your goals, we have challenge groups that run, they are private facebook groups that work like a support accountability group. Works extremely well!
  • Dandman1990
    Options
    I've not accomplished anything yet! :P My problem is that my exercise options are fairly limited for a few months since I have to get surgery on my leg (unrelated to my weight) and then spend a few weeks rehabbing it before I'll be good to go.
    I've got a couple of really nice people that've offered to help me with sitting exercises as I'm a total novice when it comes to working out (as you can probably see by my weight).

Yeah I watched your video & that's what I mean about turning the terrifying situation with your wife into something positive for your whole family :-).
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • Shanemintondotcom
    Options
    But you have lost over 100 lbs, that is incredible, I have a friend that started at around 460, and he has lost over 210 lbs, he even did Insanity, that is amazing, I don't know your situation, but I know that if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!
  • Shanemintondotcom
    Options
    I saw where you posted about not liking without your shirts, I was the same way, now I love to wear muscle shirts or go without, and I have never done that before!
  • Shanemintondotcom
    Options
    Thanks I really appreciate it!
  • Dandman1990
    Options
    Noo my goal is to lose that to start with! I only started yesterday lol. I was just awkward and chose the counter that measures how far you have to go instead of how far you've already come! :p
  • Shanemintondotcom
    Options
    But you can do it, what kind of excercise do you think you can do? Are you familiar with Beachbody at all? There are lots of workouts! And Shakeology is something that anyone can benefit from!
  • Shanemintondotcom
    Options
    Tell you what, go to the link below and sign up for a free membership, and I will help you achieve your goals, and you can look around there is tons of info that will help you achieve your goals garanteed!

http://www.teambeachbody.com/en/signup?referringRepId=274824
  • Dandman1990
    Options
    i've heard of shakeology but I've never tried it. beachbody isn't something I'm familiar with but I'll have a look at what Google can tell me! I'm going in with the mentality that I can at least try anything and if the leg won't hold up then I'll move onto something different.
  • Shanemintondotcom
    Options
    You won't be disappointed, Beachbody has had some amazing transformations. They garantee there poroducts and Shakeology is awesome!
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Shane,
    Awesome progress brother!

At work I always found it ironic how we in EMS were some of the unhealthiest people around!

If you ever decide to start lifting, squats and deadlifts are almost the exact same body mechanic as lifting a stretcher. Once I started doing that stuff, life was so much easier!
  • Shanemintondotcom
    Options
    We just got the power lifting stretchers at work, wished they had that 10 yrs ago lol!
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    We just got the power lifting stretchers at work, wished they had that 10 yrs ago lol!

None of my services ever used them. Some of the others in the area did though, and they all said it was a lot worse because the motors made the stretchers heavier.

I was super happy when we got X frames, instead of the fernos that you had to put into load!
  • Shanemintondotcom
    Options
    I love ours, they are about 40lbs heavier, our new system loads the entire stretcher, all we do is put it up the the back of the unit, it lifts the entire thing, it is the most impressive system I have ever seen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuwx3VAK7EE
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!