Hi to all - 53lbs lost so far, 40+ more to go!

Options
Hi everyone! Well, it all started when in Feb 13, after going through hell in work, I lost my job. I was so stressed through having months of being put down and basically bullied, I let them literally sack me! That afternoon I had a doctors app where I was told what I knew, I was suffering from severe depression and was given anti depressants.

I toyed with going and getting them, but just from not being in the office containing the witches I had to work with gave me a sense of relief, so much so on the weekend when I weighed myself, I had lost 8lbs in less than a week!!

This was the boost I needed - right, new job so a new me! Or rather the old me from years and years ago! I had weighed myself the week before and was shocked to see I was 237lbs! I had been on a diet 2 years prior and had got down to 201lbs losing a stone and a half. Now I had put it all but on and then some!

Losing the 8lbs made me look at myself, and I didn't like what I saw. So, I went back to monitoring my food intake and calorie watching, and week by week the weight slowly came off. I started walking more and went from walking for 1/2 mile to 2 1/2 miles every night! Then I beat my lowest weight last time round of 201lbs - even more if a boost! Yay me!

Then came the time I looked back at a picture of me of last year November and I was shocked! Was I really that big, had I really let that happen to me??

Well, now 7 months later, I have lost 54lbs (3st 12lbs) and dropped from a UK size 18-20 to a size 14-16! Still have about 2 stone to go, and plan to treat myself to an indoor skydive once I hit 4 1/2 stone lost! Yay me again!!

Loving the new happy, skinnier me and looking forward to the future more than ever!

Replies

• shanaya37
    shanaya37 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Way to go!
  • RoseVernon
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Great job! I'm so glad you didn't give up.
  • becks0805
    Options
    Thank you! I look at leaving the job I was at as a big positive now as people are shocked when they see me. And that I love! I want the skinny or rather slimmer me back, but this time I want to be a lot fitter!

If I can do this, anyone can! So many of my friends say I've inspired them so we are supporting each other
  • skylarbwell
    skylarbwell Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! Congrats on your success! It is very inspiring :smile: