i need some exercise help!

Options
I only have time to work out at the weekend, i know everyone says and will say you should find time to exercise in the week, and your just making up excuses.

I get up at 6 every morning to commute 2 hours to work, i then commute 2 hours home and get in at 7, by the time I'm home i have no energy and i have to cook and shower then I'm in bed by 9.30, i also always get well you can fit in some exercise but then I'm told i need 8 hours sleep, and in my job i do need sleep as I'm on my feet all day.

I do an hour and a half of exercise every saturday and sunday and was just wondering if this would be enough to lose weight slowly? i eat right all week and i have lost some weight recently but i had the time to work out in the week as i was unemployed at the time.

my work out is a mix of cardio and weights, i work out at home as i cannot afford the gym memberships around me!

I need advice!!

Replies

• RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    If your eating at a deficit of your TDEE during the week then yes it's totally enough for now. Also, don't discount sleep for weight loss purposes it is vital you get enough.
  • stephaniewedge
    stephaniewedge Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thank you, i just worked out my TDEE and i eat under so hopefully ill continue with my weightloss
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you could squeeze in a 20 minute walk on your lunch break, or 10 minutes of stair climbing or other type exercise (jumping jacks, jump rope) that might add to your progress too! Sounds like really, really long days!
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    interesting comment on sleep... I perfectly understand the need of it for a good healthy lifestyle, but why do you say that it is important for weight loss? To have the right amount of energy and not end up binge eating? Or there is some more substantial scientific reason?
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Jump rope + TRX + lunch break = no limits to how far you can go

Think big and you can do the unthinkable
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My solution was to get a fitbit. What a wonderful tool to make you get off the couch and walk....that is all I do, walk. It syncs with MFP. You can get the flex for only around $50 much cheaper than any gym. You don't have to go far just walk with the intention of getting up and moving. That is my 2 cents....
  • jillebee44
    jillebee44 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I too have a VERY busy schedule. Right now I am lucky that it has changed enough so I can get to the gym in the mornings. Lately though I have days where I can't even get a minute to think. But I found this video, I don't know if there is 21 minutes in your day you can set apart????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2jill_Lf0Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is a HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) This is a beginner video, to introduce you to the workouts. I had never heard of it before, got it from a group I joined and LOVE it!! As you progress there are other more "intense" videos as well. To me 21 minutes isn't too much to ask...but i do understand that when you are busy it is VERY hard to get the motivation, but you will feel SO MUCH better after you get it done.

Good luck! :smile:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Stupid iOS 7. Anyway, if your two hours are on the train, maybe you could get creative there? Otherwise strictly speaking of weight loss only, you just have to consume less calories than you burn, and it appears you're on your way to doing this. Also I'm with that one poster. If you really want to try some more exercise, even try 30 minutes of something when you get home and see how it makes you feel. Depending on how much sleep you're lopping off your night, you could still feel okay