Herbalife

Options
Anyone doing Herbalife? I started yesterday.

Replies

• sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I think it's sad that people judge those that use Herbalife or Shakeology. It's not a scam. Is it over priced? Yes. Is it a necessary tool to lose weight? No. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean it's a "scam". I know quite a few people who use it and love it. and NO, they are not representatives and neither am I. From my understanding, they want you to eat 6 times a day so no, you are NOT starving yourself. Again, I don't think it's necessary, HOWEVER, if people can afford it and want to try it, what's the big deal? They aren't hurting themselves at all. Some people have a hard time figuring out what to eat at first (I know I did) and these types of programs take the thinking out of it for them. I don't understand why you guys care so much about what OTHER people eat? There is no need to attack the OP just because she chooses to spend her money in a way that you wouldn't. It's not your money, it's HERS.
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing Herbalife? I started yesterday.
    I drink the tea and have tried the meals. I personally like to "eat" my calories and not drink them. The tea gives me energy to keep going.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds on Herbalife and kept it off for 2 years. Just because it's not a choice everyone would make doesn't make it a "scam." I'm at a point now where I can just eat real food and lose weight but I haven't always been, so I understand for some people that's what works. When I did it I made sure I got enough calories and protein every day. It was a tool to help me do that.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I think it's sad that people judge those that use Herbalife or Shakeology. It's not a scam. Is it over priced? Yes. Is it a necessary tool to lose weight? No. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean it's a "scam". I know quite a few people who use it and love it. and NO, they are not representatives and neither am I. From my understanding, they want you to eat 6 times a day so no, you are NOT starving yourself. Again, I don't think it's necessary, HOWEVER, if people can afford it and want to try it, what's the big deal? They aren't hurting themselves at all. Some people have a hard time figuring out what to eat at first (I know I did) and these types of programs take the thinking out of it for them. I don't understand why you guys care so much about what OTHER people eat? There is no need to attack the OP just because she chooses to spend her money in a way that you wouldn't. It's not your money, it's HERS.

Well said.
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds on Herbalife and kept it off for 2 years. Just because it's not a choice everyone would make doesn't make it a "scam." I'm at a point now where I can just eat real food and lose weight but I haven't always been, so I understand for some people that's what works. When I did it I made sure I got enough calories and protein every day. It was a tool to help me do that.

Why is the concept of eating at a caloric deficit such a hard concept for people to grasp? It's much healthier and cheaper and a actual long term solution. Instead people look into these "secrets" that companies market and try to sell to you as shortcuts to weight loss. It's the same thing with supplements. I used to waste a lot of money on fat burner supplements and all different stuff until I started to learn how nutrition works and how these companies are just out to take your money. OP can do whatever she wants. I just hate seeing people buy into these herbalife plans and shake diets because you don't need to be spending money on that in order to lose weight effectively
  • tallmansix
    Options
    Belgium deemed Herbalife an illegal pyramid scheme. Whether it works for weight loss or not, it shows an unethical background to the company.

The founder of the company died young from the effects of drugs. Unsure again as to what that means but in my opinion shows the company was not founded on solid health grounds.

What I love about MFP is that I see so many people losing / maintaining / gaining weight and getting healthier without spending any extra money in the process. All the users need to do is invest a little time and patience.
  • twhalebacon
    Options
    And thanks to those that understand that I'm just trying something new. I can afford it, yes it is overpriced, but I'm trying it for a month. I'm still eating food in the form of small healthy snacks and one meal, in between shakes. I, personally, think that the shakes are quite tasty and help to fill you up. It's only day 2, give me some time.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    And thanks to those that understand that I'm just trying something new. I can afford it, yes it is overpriced, but I'm trying it for a month. I'm still eating food in the form of small healthy snacks and one meal, in between shakes. I, personally, think that the shakes are quite tasty and help to fill you up. It's only day 2, give me some time.

In their own weird way, I think people are just trying to get you to understand that unless you plan on doing these shakes for the rest of your life, you could be setting yourself up for disaster. The majority of people who use shakes never really learn how to create a healthy calorie deficit and end up yo-yo dieting afterwards all while wasting more money on more shakes to correct their bad habits after gaining weight. You might not like how they said it, but they are trying to prevent that from happening to you.
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    A co worker of mine has don thisfor one year. She started last aug12 and this sept13 has lost a total od 55-60lbs... She still has probably 40 or so to go but looks good. I've tried some of the shakes and they weren't to bad. I am with the others, I like FOOD vs drinking my food. But I can see it works if you work it. However I would still want to learn how to eat right if I was doing it and not depend on shakes the rest of my life. So if you continue to do it I can tell you it defiantly works as I can see it in my coworker. She does weekly (8-12wks at a time) challenges (# of lbs/inches lost) and they win money or products. That's what kept her motivated as well as seeing results.
    Good luck!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it was ok but i found I got tired of the shakes.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic

The topic here is for anyone "on Herballife"

Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.

Thank you for being respectful.
    Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator