new and need help!

Options
hi I am new on this forum and joined because I'm tired of feeling depressed and trying to lose weight all alone. I am 31 yrs old and 5 4". I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy 3 yrs ago and haven't been able to lose any of it. I am 75 kgs now (162 lbs I think) I used to be 56 kg before pregnancy. I joined a gym,exercised for 1.5 hrs daily and controlled my diet for months without losing any weight, got really depressed and left everything. went to an Endocrinologist and was diagnosed with PCOs. so my doctor has now started me on metformin (which I'm still irregular with because it makes me sick ) and told me basically I just need to lose weight to treat it..so I'm here now..starting on 1200 calorie diet from tomorrow and hoping to do 20 min of zumba 5 days a week initially.and then increase the time..need moral support because I've started so many times and given up.practically the same day :( but I hate looking and feeling like this...any helpful tips/suggestion would be great! :)

Replies

• skylarbwell
    skylarbwell Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it, just take it one day at a time. I am new too, feel free to add me and we can support and motivate each other. :smile:
  • ARTanner90
    ARTanner90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First off, I totally know where you're coming from when you say no moral support because you've started and started so many times...story of the last 4 years for me.

I've been back on the healthy eating wagon for a week so far and have lost 5 lbs! I've focused on making better food choices, eating more often (every 3 hrs), and drinking more water. I haven't been exercising too much...but I'm adding that in next week.

I have a friend who is a personal trainer and such and she went in and changes some of the settings in my profile. More protein, less carbs. I eat LOTS of protein and LOTS of veggies ( I personally don't track how many veggies I eat because they're veggies..you need those lol).

I am 23(female), 5'7 and currently 211 lbs (95 kgs). My first goal is to get to 160...which is the top of my healthy weight range and then go from there.

I know medical problems make weight loss more difficult...but stay strong!
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you will get where you want to be I am sure, I mean I never thought I could lose weight

Is the 1200 calories recommended by MFP?

Also remember to log and eat back at least 50% of your exercise calories

My best bit of advice is that this is not a diet, its a new way of eating and drinking. I eat lots of food and still have a couple of drinks and am getting close to increasing calorie intake because I am losing a bit fast.

Also remember that protein is good and keeps you feeling full :smile:
  • BlubbinBlubber
    BlubbinBlubber Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i've started weight loss journeys and given up many times before.. THIS time, i'm not going to let myself give up.. no matter what. also, try not obsess over the number on the scale. exercising and eating healthy always improves my overall mood even if i don't see results right away. have patience and stick with it. good luck, add me if you'd like :)x
  • 2013healthkick
    Options
    I'm new too! Feel free to add me!
    I have fallen off the diet wagon so many times so today I've made a new Account
    For me now I'm seeing whatever weight I loose as a journey not a destination
    It's a new way if life not a diet!
    Let's do this! Xx
  • lisar420
    lisar420 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new as we'll and am just getting the hang of it. Seeing the daily stats gives a whole new meaning to "Will work for food"!! I set up my account in June but just started tracking last week. I'm looking for friends to keep me motivated and accountable. I'm 49 years young and am looking to lose 25-30lbs. Please feel free to add me.
    Good luck to everyone!!
    :)
    Lisa
  • megadicegirl
    Options
    Aw, don't get upset or depressed. I am a new mom to a little boy, nearly 6 weeks old and I am nearly 200 pounds! I'm a little thing too "in height" 5'4. I'm sure you are very attractive and just need to stay motivated but not to much! I recall my doctor telling my the body can get burnt out if exercising to much. I hope that's not wrong, but anyways I know you will do great and meet your fitness goals :)
  • melzie32
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am not new but I am starting over again. I have to make this lifestyle chose and can't quit trying!
    You can never have enough support :)
  • OrkLady
    Options
    I know the feeling, it is so hard to stay strong and commit to fitness/diet goals! I can't count the number of times I have said or thought 'right.... It starts tomorrow, tomorrow I will watch what I eat and start exercising' the next day I am back to square one thinking the same thing.

In February I went on diet shakes as part of a meal replacement diet and I lost about fifteen pounds relatively easily but I found it very hard not to resent the restrictions on what I could eat. Everyone around me seemed to think it was so easy to lose weight and that it was just something I had to deal with. I felt weak and alone despite the loving support from my fiancé (who has an annoyingly high metabolic rate and can eat ANYTHING!).

I now focus on eating healthy but tasty food that I make myself rather than buying processed stuff. To be honest, the best thing for me has been seeing exactly what is in my food and learning about healthy alternatives to everyday ingredients.

Basically what I am trying to say is you need to find what motivates you to keep going each day and find a way to feel happy about changing your life rather than feeling you are being forced into it.

I am brand new to the site, my hope is that joining with a group of people in the same situation will help me beat those last pounds so feel free to add me.
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp, hope that you find the advice and support you need like many others have ... I log daily, feel free to add :)
  • amyz82
    amyz82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    so I haven't replied or been back at the forum because as usual my diet and exercise lasted for only 2days! that time of the month, feel yuck..and depressed because I've eaten starchy food all day and just stayed in bed ugh!!!