Can walking make a difference?? Help!

Options
13»

Replies

• HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Buy a pedometer and set up walking goals!! See your progress!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Most definitely 'yes'!! That is the exercise I do, due to joint and bone spur problems.
  • Penfoldsplace
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds just by walking everywhere and cutting my portion sizes. I found my weight loss stalled after 60 which why I joined this site and log now. I have also just started some strength training.

People like to over complicate things sometimes. All you need to do to lose weight is move a bit more and eat at a small deficit.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    *kitten* the people saying it won't do any good.

Eat at a caloric deficit and walk 30 minutes a day. I guarantee in two months your body will be different. I bet you'll feel better too.
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    I found hiking poles on sale at ****'s Sporting Goods last week and figured for $20 for the pair, it was worth a try.

I took them to my local park that has a walking path and absolutely loved walking with the poles. I walk every evening after dinner now. Right now I'm only walking one mile. As my body gets used to it I plan to increase the distance. But walking really does help give you a cardio work out.

So grab your daughter and go for walk together.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    For the past month and a half, the ONLY exercise I got was walking. My body fat dropped from 23 to 21% and I lost 5 pounds.

Sure, the process could have been sped up with more exercise, but I couldn't exercise due to an injury that I had in July.

Walking does work as long as your calorie deficit is in place.
  • Lichent
    Lichent Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    sure does , my buddy and I are dropping LBS by walking