I'm new!! Need friends on here for support

Options
Hello myfitnesspal world! My roommate told me about the site, and I checked it out today and joined. I am about to turn 30 at the end of January and I do not want to turn 30 in the same state I am in now! Ha! I want to embrace my thirties so I want to bring them in in style by being a slimmer, healthier version of myself! Of course, who doesn't want to be a slimmer, healthier version of themselves? My problem is sticking to these things. I know all the things I should do and I can quote them to you all day long. I know what I should be eating and how often I should be exercising, but most times I lack the motivation to actually do it. Why? I don't know - just fall into easy patterns. I am a seminary student right now - I firmly believe that God will give me the strength and ability to do this, but I have to actually take the necessary steps. I would love support/new friends that I can cheer on and that can cheer me on as well! Please add me if you are like-minded :)

Replies

• ksweere
    ksweere Posts: 11
    Options
    I have the same issue - even used to be a personal trainer, I just lack motivation. Id love to have a support system as well. I have a bday goal as well.
  • mkinealy
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • beachlvr
    beachlvr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    WOW you sound just like I did 2 years ago! My 29th year was horrible and I was ready for a new start! Congratulations and welcome. I would be happy to help you out in anyway so just hit me up and we can be fitness buddies! I too lack in motivation (especially this week-ugh) so we can help out eachother.
    :flowerforyou:
  • efalcon1
    Options
    Good luck and welcome. Plenty of people that will try their best to keep you motivated :-) x
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Hey Ryan, maybe you can help me. I'm 65, attempting to lose a total of 38 pounds. I have already lost 10 (since September 7). I ride my recumbent bike for at least 30 minutes on the weekend days, but M-F I go to the gym. There I do 40 minutes on treadmill, alternating between 2.8 and 3.2 (I am a relative beginner). I do 20 minutes on the bike, and 15 minutes on a seated elliptical, plus stretches. On alternate days at the gym I do either 1) Thera-Bands, triceps extensions, leg presses (80#), and calf raises, and 2) abs machine (I don't know what to call it), bridging with ball, and "dying bug," abs with ball.

I believe I am eating healthfully, avoiding sugar and too much fat. I attempt 8 glasses of water a day but usually come in at six or seven.

I know I am not supposed to look at the scale every day, but I am so drawn to doing that.

Any advice for me? I am eating 1200 calories a day, and am 5' 7" tall. My nutritionist gave me "permission" to eat 1400-1500 per day, but there's no way I could do that. Ugh, so much food!

How do my "extra" exercise calories play into how many I should/can eat?

Thanks so very much.

I know people on your program. They rave about it.
  • dmcbeauty
    Options
    Welcome! And you sound like me!
    I know what I shouldn't eat, I know I need to exercise more but do I always do that? No.....but hoping this site will help.
    Good luck to you and add me as a friend if you'd like.