Netting around 1100-1174 calories. HELP!

Options
According to MFP, my calorie intake should be 1200 EXACTLY a day.
I exercise every day for 40 minutes (I walk two miles somewhere between leisurely walking and power walking) and I burn about 175 calories.
So I'm eating around 1,300-1,375 calories a day. (eating back most of my burned off calories)
But then it means I'm ONLY netting like in the 1,100 range because I can't get EXACTLY 1,200 net calories.
I feel fine and I'm losing weight but is this okay?
I know you shouldn't net below 1,200 but... TT__TT

Replies

• init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    How much do you want to lose and what do you have your weight loss goal set at?
    Something tells me you checked off that you were sedentary and wanted to lose 2 lbs a week...
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I think it might be an idea to up your calories, or eat back all your calories? 1,200 is the bare minimum. You may feel fine just now but in a week or so you'll soon start to feel lethargic, tired and crabby or the cravings really kick in.... this makes you more likely to give up.

Good for you for all that walking, btw, nice going! :flowerforyou:
  • dragongummy
    dragongummy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's checked that I'm active and want to lose 2 lbs a week. I work in a very busy upscale salon and am moving around a lot, but I could even check off lightly active. And yes, it IS 2 lbs a week. But even lightly active says 1,200 calories a day...
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. You're totally fine. Odds are you're not eating EXACTLY the amount of calories you put into your diary and odds are you aren't burning EXACTLY the amount of calories exercising that you put in. People may tell you otherwise but the difference of fifty calories will make absolutely no difference. I promise. There's no way to be that precise.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    The weight loss per week goal you choose determines your calorie goal, not the activity level you choose. If you change it to 1# or .5#/week your calorie goal will increase.
  • Hildy_J
    Options
    Yeah... you a hairdresser? They don't stop! That's a really active job.

You're probably burning up more calories than you think - I would think you are at least moderately active? 2lb a week puts a real strain on the old willpower, unless you have a LOT to lose, I mean 100lb+ which you look like you don't.
  • dragongummy
    Options
    Yes but I'm the receptionist and on my feet all day! Ohohoho -flaps hand- So I do move around when it gets buys but sometimes Im just standing there and just dealing with people. :)))))
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    26-100 calories is really negligible, and could simply be the difference of not putting jam on your toast or not.
    But I would choose a less aggressive weight loss goal than 2 lbs a week.
  • Hildy_J
    Options
    Don't worry about it. You're totally fine.

Hmmm. I don't see it that way, I'm afraid. If you're right and there IS such a variation it could also be an overestimate, ie she could be on just1,000 a day or less?

Warning bells are ringing loudly in mah ears! Better safe than sorry, eh. x
  • dragongummy
    Options
    I lowered my lbs/week to 1.5 and my calories went up to 1,290. Should be doable I think. :D:D
  • Hildy_J
    Options
    Good luck - let us know how you go on. x