Newbie!

Options
I'm 32 and have been overweight most of my life. Like everyone else I've been on one diet after another only to regain the weight I'd lost. So on July 16th I decided to have the lap band surgery. So now here I am 45 lbs down and still going. So far it's been a hard but well worth journey.

I'm looking forward to making new friends and getting and giving support.

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Welcome to the site! :) My name is Suzanne, and I'd love to be your friend and help you out. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish! :)
  • Kevster75
    Kevster75 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hiya & Welcome to MFP! :)

Best of luck with everything!
  • rotfool
    Options
    Welcome! Remember it's not just a diet, but a way of life. Be healthy, feel sexy, and smile often!
  • dianeincanada
    Options
    Hi there - good for you for doing that. I looked at that option but it was simply too costly for me to consider. I'm struggling with my weight like crazy - only since I hit 40 - before that it was never a huge issue - so I'm really frustrated. I've got about 60 pounds to lose and just feel like it's an insurmountable task. I'm hoping this tracker tool and the community will be the trigger that helps me to get some traction. Good luck!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit and your progress so far -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people and helpful posts over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats on the 45 down so far. Good luck on the rest!
  • Myband78
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Myband78
    Options
    Welcome! Remember it's not just a diet, but a way of life. Be healthy, feel sexy, and smile often!

Thank you! This is something to think about when I'm having my crappy days :)
  • Myband78
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit and your progress so far -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people and helpful posts over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra

Thanks! I will deffinitly have to check it out.