I ran a 15k mudrun today

Options
Today I ran farther than I have ever run before. All while covered in mud and my shoes soaking wet. I went in to this thing today not expecting to run much of it, and I would have been stoked if I finished it in 3 hours.

But to my surprise I ran (or rather jogged...slowly) between every single obstacle and finished in 2 hours and 15 minutes. I am so stoked and incredibly proud of myself. I am not a runner and haven't done any running other than some sprints here and there, but I managed to get through this things without dying or stopping. My quads burned, and my glutes screamed, but now i can say i ran a 15k.

Here are some pictures of my progress with weight lifting since march, my first mudrun, to today.

March, Mudfactor 5k, mudrun #1

290vssj.jpg

Gladiator Rock n' Run 5k Mudrun #3 (I don't have any pictures from mudrun#2)
before
24waayo.jpg

after
5ycmkp.jpg

Survivor mudrun 15k mudrun #4
before
eow3n.jpg
4ryjjr.jpg

after. post shower, mid beer
2pybzvq.jpg

I am going to use today as a gauge for what I need to work on for the Tough Mudder in November, and I cannot wait to post pictures in my orange sweatband!

ETA: I just looked at these pictures again and I am disbelief in the change in my body over last several months!

Replies

• sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!! Congrats!
  • whitney_simpson
    whitney_simpson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congratulations out standing job well done
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Congratulations :)
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Well done!
  • calpeachmfp
    calpeachmfp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Fan.Tastic!!!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Beautiful. I love the muddy fun after pictures. This makes this look like such fun.
  • whitney_simpson
    Options
    Beautiful. I love the muddy fun after pictures. This makes this look like such fun.

It is such fun!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!!!
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I looked at the tough mudder and am just too scared. I did the warrior dash ths summer and loved it, but the tough mudder intimidates me. I'm considering a half marathon or even full marathon over a tough mudder. Feel free to add me, I'd love to see your pics after the run!
  • whitney_simpson
    Options
    Congrats! I looked at the tough mudder and am just too scared. I did the warrior dash ths summer and loved it, but the tough mudder intimidates me. I'm considering a half marathon or even full marathon over a tough mudder. Feel free to add me, I'd love to see your pics after the run!

it scares me too, but i now know almost what ive gotten myself into and can mentally and physically prepare
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!