Time saving tips for entering diary data

Options
Even with this great MFP tool, it seems to take me a while to enter food info. Part of the problem is that my database lists are now several pages and those pages have to load. Do you all have time saving tips while entering you diary info. Thanks

Replies

• Renee81170
    Renee81170 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    just keep entering. We all eat the same foods over and over. Your most popular food will start showing up first.. I also use the bar code.... quick and easy!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it doesn't take me very long at all and I've never noticed it taking time to load my database. Are you using the app or logging in through your web browser on your phone? Do you need to update the app or your phone? Using the search function seems to save time, because when you start typing something in, it automatically pulls up anything in your recent food that matches what you're typing. Otherwise, just keep doing it. You get faster at it with time.
  • Minks_esposa
    Options
    Sometimes if I'm feeling lazy I will just enter the calories in using the "quick add calories only" feature.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it doesn't take me very long at all and I've never noticed it taking time to load my database. Are you using the app or logging in through your web browser on your phone? Do you need to update the app or your phone? Using the search function seems to save time, because when you start typing something in, it automatically pulls up anything in your recent food that matches what you're typing. Otherwise, just keep doing it. You get faster at it with time.

It doesn't take me that long, either, and my connection's normally not the fastest. I also have the max of 4 pages. Maybe it's your browser.
  • landodewd
    landodewd Posts: 43 Member
    Options

It doesn't take me that long, either, and my connection's normally not the fastest. I also have the max of 4 pages. Maybe it's your browser.

Internet explorer? haha I love google chrome
  • Adventure9
    Adventure9 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I mostly use my web browser (Safari), and sometimes the phone app, especially if scanning a barcode. When I use the search feature in the web browser it doesn't give me my recent entries unless maybe I spell is exactly the same.

Let me give you and example:

Today I had sauted mushrooms as part of lunch. I first typed in mushrooms sautéed. Several lines down there was some thing like "Homemade Sauted Mushrooms" I used that one.

So after reading this I went back and acted like I was adding Mushrooms again. I again typed in Mushrooms. A similar list came up as before and "Homemade Sauteed Mushrooms" was pretty far down the list.

Is there a better way or am I doing something wrong? Thanks all!

PS Edit: - just tried this searching with my phone - it did bring up all entries of mushrooms I've ever used. The most recent one was at the bottom, but that's OK. So I can see how this phone feature could be a time saver.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Today I had sauted mushrooms as part of lunch. I first typed in mushrooms sautéed. Several lines down there was some thing like "Homemade Sauted Mushrooms" I used that one.

So after reading this I went back and acted like I was adding Mushrooms again. I again typed in Mushrooms. A similar list came up as before and "Homemade Sauteed Mushrooms" was pretty far down the list.

Oh, so you mean that it's just taking you a while to find something that you want in the MFP database. That's normal bc there are soooo many of the same item (or similar items) in the database. I have my method. Let's say I was looking for mushrooms like you were, and decided to use Homemade Sauteed Mushrooms the first time. The second time, I would just click the ADD button in my diary and do a SEARCH/FIND on the actual page to find Homemade Sauteed Mushrooms again. Sometimes, I have to click through all of the pages, but I find it. Or, if it's been so long since I had them and they're no longer in my list, I will run a report that shows everything that I ate and just do a SEARCH/FIND there so that I can find exactly what I selected last time.