Anyone up for a 30 lb challenge by Christmas?

Options

Replies

• ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am in too!
  • rezekiel
    rezekiel Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking to be positive about this and have support along the way. If you feel that this isn't the challenge for you, I'm sure there is one in the message board that is, but please don't rain on our parade. Those of you that are up for it great, set your own personal goal if you like, it doesn't have to be my goal. Simply set a goal today for Christmas and we can help to motivate each other to achieve it!

Let's all be losers!:tongue:
  • rezekiel
    Options
    I'd be willing to do an 18 pound challenge by Christmas. I want to start putting on muscle after I take off 18 pounds of fat. I'm definitely down though!
    That's Amazing!
  • rezekiel
    Options
    That's a pretty aggressive goal
    BE aggressive
    B
    E
    Aggressive.

Love it!
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm in. It'll be extra hard with all of the holidays coming up.

But why not make the challenge go to the end of the year instead? Close out 2013 in a healthy way. That would be 15 weeks from now. Some people may be able to lose 30 lbs by then, but it should be a range of 15-30 lbs depending on your situation.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Why not, set lofty goals as long as youre ok with just making progress :)

Because I'd rather set goals I will work hard to complete. Setting goals I know I won't reach just makes me not want to work towards them. Setting goals that push you hard is one thing...setting ones you'll never attain is just setting you up for failure, especially when put in a group setting where others are comparing their success.

^ This.

Plus, that just doesn't sound like fun. What about Halloween candy? What about Thanksgiving? What about leftovers? I'll be happy with 12-15 lbs by Christmas and enjoy all that stuff.
  • rezekiel
    Options
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
    [/quote]

Nothing wrong with setting your own goal based on this.:smile:
  • rezekiel
    Options
    I'm good with workouts. I work out 4-5 times a week and I do bootcamp/kettlebell style classes. What I need to focus on is my eating, specifically dinner/night time assaults. I also enjoy patio sitting with a bevie now and again.

My plan:
    I'll still enjoy the last of the lovely weather and patio sit, but I'll skip wings and/or nachos, etc. I'm going to not cook more than what I need to eat in a sitting (sometimes I'll make extra to keep for lunch the next day but I end up eating it : S). I'll change up my workout times so that my body doesn't get use to the same time and style of workout each day. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I already eat brown & wild organic rice, quinoa, etc. as replacements for other carbs. I eat a lot of chicken, veggies and beans.

Suggestions for others:
    If you're working out 2 times a week try popping in a 3rd, maybe 4th, somewhere. No eating after 8pm, earlier if you go to bed early (I struggle with this one).
  • paytenpar2014
    Options
    I'm in :):happy:
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!!
  • Holder79
    Holder79 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm game.
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty aggressive goal
    BE aggressive
    B
    E
    Aggressive.
    43591-THIS-gif-ECaV.gif
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm so down for this :)

rpattzyeah.gif
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Why not, set lofty goals as long as youre ok with just making progress :)

Because I'd rather set goals I will work hard to complete. Setting goals I know I won't reach just makes me not want to work towards them. Setting goals that push you hard is one thing...setting ones you'll never attain is just setting you up for failure, especially when put in a group setting where others are comparing their success.

^^This^^ Totally agreed. I joined a 10 lbs by Christmas group because slow and steady works for me. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • KJ14
    KJ14 Posts: 287
    Options
    I'll give it a go. My goal is to lose 30 lbs. If I'm there by Christmas, awesome. If I'm not, not a big deal either.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    While I'm not sure I could hit 30lbs, I could certainly try to do so! I'm in.
  • slimandfab13
    slimandfab13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Meeeeee! Count me in. :)
  • nscarebear
    Options
    I am in :-)
  • moniquec37
    Options
    I'm in... what exactly are you looking to do or is it just a goal you have set?
  • marilu007
    Options
    Love your approach, I'm in. Currently at 175 my goal is 2 pounds a week I have to up it by 2.5 pounds a week. Can I do it? Yes! It all adds up, a walk, an extra 10minutes in the sauna, and extra five minutes of cross fit. I am so ready to see myself again!