Why did you start exercising?

I want to know your reason why you started working out? And do you workout at home the gym?

I started working out because well I'm skinny and needed to lift weights I had tried the gym but really didn't know what I was doing and didn't have the money for a personal trainer also felt like everyone was making fun of me in the gym. That when I found Body Beast a mass building program from Beachbody taught by a natural bodybuilder. That I could do in the privacy of my own home I'm almost at day 60 it a 90 day program. And I plan to do a second round with a little extra cardio thrown in.

I also have admired Bodybuilders and the hard work they put in.

I've gone from 95lbs 110lbs so far.

Also in high school I was skinny I was in special education have a learning disability. But was fairly popular in high school but was never the guy who could get the girl. I also had a heart transplant as a baby.

My main reason were.

1. I want to lift heavy and get big have muscles.

2. Not be embarrassed to take my shirt off in public or wear a tank top.

3. Attract girls I'm hoping that when I'm done with this my results will shock people and all those people I went to high school with will be like WTF happen to him.

4. And to have a more positive outlook

Also-> Whenever I would see a jacked dude walk by and all the girls would just be staring, that's what I wanted to be. I wanted everyone to stare at me; I wanted them to feel my presence as I walked into a room.

But this is no longer a journey it a lifestyle that I will continue forever.

What is your reason?

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Initially was to lose the baby weight I gained during pregnancy .now to remain healthy and look good the older I get:)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    It is essential to good health. You cannot be truly "healthy" sitting in an office all day and living a sedentary lifestyle. so, i started working out. You can lose weight without exercise, but you can't really be healthy.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    I was skinny in junior high and that was what started it all for me. Athletics and girls was my motivation back then. Now it is just to look younger than my age and stay strong enough for a good golf game.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    I started cause I wanted to lose weight but I know u don't need to workout to lose weight. With me it goes hand n hand, I can't eat healthy n not workout. I see no need to belong to a gym but maybe I will when I want to start heavy lifting.
  • I agree with Sashoi. I feel more confident in myself if I workout, and I enjoy it as well! It makes me feel good about myself. So when I eat healthy and workout, I feel as if I am on top of my game.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Because if the zombies came I was totally going to get eaten first.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    I started exercising because I wanted to get back in shape. Tired of being a potato, wanted to return to being a proper he-man.

Cycling/running is generally on trails by home, swimming/lifting is at the local aquatic centre.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    for hypothyroid people weight loss is not possible with diet only.

they need to exercise: cardio and strenght t.

although i am doing only cardio for now.