Low sodium recipes

Options
Hey everyone, looking for some yummy low sodium recipes. I was recently diagnosed with Minimal Change Disease. During a flare it causes high water retention, I've gained up to 20lbs (in the past) within a couple days of just edemas. Anyway, I've been reading that lowering sodium intake can greatly help and prevent symptoms. My husband is a very picky eater, so low sodium recipes for a picky eater would be helpful. I'm not saying he has to join my diet, but we do like to eat dinner together and it is definitely easier to cook a meal for two people than one.
Recipes from scratch are welcome.
Thanks I greatly appreciate any help.

Replies

• ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    While I don't have any blogs for you, but I do like the American Heart Association's low sodium cookbooks. Their recipes sound amazing!
  • MrsYoungIII
    MrsYoungIII Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem but different medical condition same outcome. My husband isn't a picky eater.... my kids and I are. Part of my medical condition makes me crave salty stuff which makes it worse. I've been drinking about 16 cups of water a day...I don't like water all that much. I have yet to find stuff for my family but I've looked at www.hungrygirl.com & www.skinnytaste.com You might want to check them out. They give you the sodium levels and calories etc
  • cindiefrap
    Options
    www.lowsodiumcooking.com - is a great start - plus you can google low sodium recipes and it comes up with hundreds - just be careful that you SEE the nutritional info for each recipe before going forward - best of luck to you.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I just don't add salt to anything (except in baking, when I add reduced amounts) and I always check nutrition facts labels for low-sodium and no-salt-added products.