I'm new here!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Brittani, and i'm 27 years old, married, and living in Illinois. I joined MFP a while ago, but never stuck to it, but recently, I can't tell you what happened, but something just "clicked" and I'm ready to start my weight loss journey now.
My SW was 264. My first goal is to get to 198. The number 1 never looked so good.
I try to log everyday, even though I am guilty of not logging when I mess up. (i'm working on it!)
I am looking to add new friends on here to help motivate me and keep me on track.
Also, I know it is kind of personal, but I love looking at other people's food diaries. It not only gives me ideas of things to eat, but also, when I look at someone's diary who has lost 50-100 lbs, and they had a chicken nugget that day, it reminds me that i'm going to be ok, "we're only human", and that it just takes time.

With that being said... Let's be friends. lol :)

Replies

• amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Brittani, Good for you recognising we are "only human" is the best way to go as we all fall off the wagon from time to time no matter how hard we try.. I always log my Blips ..as I like to call them, as it then reminds me which days have not been too good and helps me get back to it.
    If I may add re the chicken nuggets... you would be far better sticking to real fresh ingredients as they will have far more nutritional benefits and be so much healthier for you.
    All the very best to you on your journey.
  • DonnetteWinter
    DonnetteWinter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm always look for new 'human' friends to help keep me motivated with my own weight loss journey! When I started to focus on getting healthier, my goal was to lose 68 lbs.... I've lost 30 lbs so far - this website has been a huge support for me!

I'm sending you an invite now... Let's do it! :)
  • BrittaniNSt
    Options
    Thanks, Ladies! I was just looking at the forum where people have posted their before & now pictures. I am in awe! So inspiring.
    Let's do it!