Why can't I lose weight

Options
I'm 5 foot 5 weight 9 stone 3/4. I used to weight 8stone 12 before I had my second child 16 months ago. I just can't lose the last few pounds . I'm running/ walking on treadmill 5-6 times a week. I'm very activate in day running around after two children.
Can any one recommend anything to help me lose the last few pounds ?
I love pasta, also my down full is cheese I grate it over pasta, make cheese sauce with roast dinner etc.i have cut back on tea and drink green tea a lot more. Swapped white pasta and rice for whole wheat. Cut right bk on chocolate.
Hate my love handles just wish I could be happy

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Track your calories and eat at a deficit. That's pretty much all there is to it.

To expand upon that, weigh your portions, wear a heart rate monitor when exercising, eat your exercise calories, eat within your goal, lose weight. Not much more I can say, lol. It takes some work, discipline, consistency and some math, but overall, once you've gotten the hang of it, it's pretty easy.
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    First of all I would like to say that you are doing magnificently having had two children and being the weight you are at the mo'..however, the fact that you are being soo stressed out.. which is understandable but never the less a big deterrent to helping that weight to go. I would think that spending just a little bit of time learning to relax... have a hot bath and forget all the troubles and angst of the day and I wouldn't mind betting it will have a dramatic effect on getting things moving for you.
    All the very best to you.
  • beckybest3
    beckybest3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are so right I'm so stressed out if it's not the darling children lol it's my weight stressing me out. I will have some Ben and Jerry's at weekend. Hardly ever drink.
    My day normally is
    Cup of tea milk sweetner
    Special K cereal
    Either toast or more Special K for lunch, sometimes sandwich depending on what day of the week it is lol.
    Dinner roast, speghetti bowl, sausage mash

Meat is always lean, half fat sausages,
    I love putting left over roast meat in slow cooker next day with veg.
    If I'm hungry I snack on banana , apples,
    Evenings treat I tend to have Special K cereal bar as there really yummy.
    I do 5 hours work a week cleaning so always on the go. Don't know what else to change . I guess I do have big dinner portions. I could try reducing the size. I never know what I eat in calories exactly .
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I never know what I eat in calories exactly .

Hey,

Love your photo! Awww.... Yeah, definitely try tracking your calories - the app makes it pretty easy.

Good luck. :smile:
  • RBurnham90
    RBurnham90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Don't restrict your calories so much to where you damage your metabolism to the point where your body isn't capable of losing more fat. I would ditch the cardio and start lifting weights if your goal is to be lean
  • beckybest3
    beckybest3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys me and my husband have done some research and I'm going to invest in some dumbbells. I think I do to much cardio you are right