Home Exercises That Work For You

Options
I was curious about the different exercises you guys have come up with at home. I'm talking about exercises that don't involve exercise equipment and are just something that you found online/ heard of from a friend/ invented yourself that seem to work for you personally even if many people don't see a difference from it.

Replies

• BlubbinBlubber
    BlubbinBlubber Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    well, if i feel like staying inside rather than exercising outdoors, i tend to just look up workout videos online. try searching "fitnessblender" on youtube. i love them because they show what's going to happen next and also how many calories you're burning DURING the workout.. most of their workouts don't require equipment and best of all, it's free :)! x
  • 123tryingtobefree
    Options
    I became what I am thanks to youtube exercise programs only^^
    no gym, no weights. Nothing ^^ popfitsugar is nice
  • Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Okay thanks guys; I'll look at both of them. :happy:
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I don't know if kettlebells fall under your definition of exercise equipment or not.....but you can get a phenomenal workout with them in your home
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Find yourself a HIIT workout on YouTube!
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Dancing! I dance a LOT ... I basically move as creatively as I can, relaxing and keeping a pace toward my goal (either cardio or just flexibility, or a combination), making sure I stretch muscles and FEEL it in my body. It makes it a much more relaxing activity too!

Also, playing with my dog. We play tug-of-war, chase, ball fetch — it's not high level cardio, but it gives me a good little mini-workout to keep my metabolism cranking and my muscles moving.
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    crunches
    jumping jacks
    Squats
    Push-ups
    Planks
    Bridges
    Leg lifts
    Jog in place
    Sit-ups
    Backward push-ups
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Walking. Or running.

And also what the poster above me said.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i also love youtube. there are lots of zumba videos... free
    walking videos
    even 30 day shred is on youtube
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Power walk with Leslie Sanson
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    You Are Your Own Gym. Just get the app for your pad or phone. If you can do all that stuff, you are very fit indeed.
  • ihateyoga
    Options
    Weight loss yoga, Zumba, dance, etc. There's a ton on youtube.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Hardbody Yoga by Tari Rose. I have it memorized now and it is always my go to routine when I just want to stay home.
  • RedScathach
    RedScathach Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I enjoy most of Jillian Michael's videos - Boost Metabolism, Banish Fat and Ripped in 30, the You Are Your Own Gym app, and I am really loving the Sworkit Pro app right now. But to be honest I am doing much better working out with a group, it seems more fun and I keep really pushing myself.
  • greglumpkin
    greglumpkin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm loving Sworkit Pro as well. Completely worth the price, if not, more.

Greg
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club - free app loaded with awesome workouts. Some use dumbbells, but many are just body weight exercises. Lots to choose from and the workouts are 15-45 minutes long. Good stuff.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure convict conditioning doesn't require any equipment.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You Are Your Own Gym, Nerdfitness and Convict Conditioning don't require equipment. Neither does running/jogging.

Things I have done or do that don't require equipment -

Crunches - regular, doubles, obliques, reverse and bicycles
    Pull ups, Chin ups, Hanging Leg Raises (well, these do require a bar but it's only $28)

Push ups - walls, inclines, half, full, divebombers, wide, triceps, and declines
    (Other variations - handstands, supermans, and spider crawls)

Jumping jacks
    Jump squats
    Burpees

Squats - wall, walking and bodyweight
    Lunges - forward, reverse and walking
    Bulgarian squats, pistol squats, and split squats

Glute Bridges
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Convict Conditioning is a pretty badass body weight program, I highly recommend it.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Convict conditioning is a terrible bodyweight program (some of the progressions are fine, the programming is awful). You are your own gym is better, as are overcoming gravity and building the gymnast body.

Really though you just need to learn to program for yourself because they all suck to some degree. Between youtube and some good ol google searching, you can find all that you'll ever need.

I do all my work at home; my equipment collection built up over the years consists of a doorway pullup bar, a set of cheap rings to hang from it, a mat, some homemade pvc parallettes, a weight vest, and sets of 15, 25, and 35 lb hex DB's. The only piece of equipment that is absolutely essential is a pullup bar.