I need tips to get energy before working out - please :-)

Options
Hi all!

I just want to know if there is anything I can do to feel more energized before working out. I'm suffering from some crazy fall laziness and I need to snap out of it ASAP. I usually feel motivated to work out through out the year but once fall rolls around I just want to stay in wrapped up in a blanket and eating lots of yummy foods! I keep procrastinating and waiting until the last moment to go to the gym because I feel soooo lazy.

Is there anything you do or eat that helps raise your energy levels?

Any tips would be appreciated. :-)

Romina

Replies

• robjuliew
    Options
    I do my workout first thing in the A.M., then there are no excuses later, and try eating an apple and drink some ice water b-4.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I go to the gym at the same time every day even when I don't feel like it and I always make myself stay for an hour. I just put my *ss in the car and go. I tell myself that it doesn't matter what carido or whatever I do once I am there, I just have to do something. Even if I just walk for an hour I burn 400 calories so it works out for me.
  • seasargasso
    seasargasso Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can't workout in the morning due to work, so I have to work out later in the evening. I use a banana or some yogurt. I agree with the water idea, too. That really helps me during exercise. I feel very sluggish if I guzzle water prior to exercise. Hope that helps,

Sea
  • RunLove
    RunLove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I always tell myself that it is mandatory to do at least 10 minutes of my planned workout and then if I still don't want to do it then I can stop. I find once I get warmed up that I can finish the workout no problem and am happy that I did :) Before a workout I usually have a banana and a tbsp of peanut butter (or almond butter).
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Get a dog cause then you have to go for a walk every day?? (j/k)!
  • RominaSullivan
    Options
    Thanks for the comments guys!! It helped to get some advice and/or a push to get my butt off the couch!

I finally decided to get up no matter how cold and sleepy I felt and went to the gym. I did a kickboxing class AND a yoga class! Don't know how I did it :-)

@RunLove - I went with the mentality of working out for at least 20 mins and I ended up wanting to finish my whole work out and do more!

@kennedar - LOL! - One of my motivations to get used to working out and be more active is that I want to get a dog! My husband said he doesn't want to be the only one who takes him/her out, so I'm in training, haha!

Thanks again everyone!!