trying again..

Options
It seems like everything I try, I just don't have the willpower to stick with it so I'd love some input! I'm having a hard time eating vegetables, its not so much the taste as the texture of them, so I tried smoothies.. and one thing I didn't care for was the taste of spinach and how the texture came out. I went my whole life without eating veggies and but I drank V8, which I know has too much sodium. So does anyone have any ideas that I can try to get the veggies I need and be able to lose weight?n Or good smoothie recipes that won't have a strong veggie taste/texture? I love fruits so I want to be able to add that in as well I have a lot of weight to lose and would love to hear your advice/opinions!. thanks!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat vegetables to lose weight. You can lose weight eating nothing but Twinkies if you stay in a calorie deficit. I don't know any tricks to eating veggies other than putting on your big girl panties and trying them until you find some you like.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel, I hate chewing vegetables, but I do eat them, minimally processed, usually just a little olive oil and pepper. Try just eating one type of vegetable each week or so, you might be surprised at how a change in eating can make you feel and that may motivate you to try more vegetables and keeping them as a part of your diet.

My lunch and dinner consist of vegetables, usually 2 and meat. Maybe you can start by trying a stir-fry option.

I have friends that do the smoothie thing but I don't think that is a real life solution.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I started with Salad. Adding delicious things like egg, or grilled chicken, and eventually i started liking Veggies more. Nothing beats a Taco Salad! It feels like you're eating something so much better than vegetables!
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I was never a fan of vegetables either, but I tried one or two here and there for a while, then another one, and so on and eventually I learned to like quite a few. The good thing is you can eat a ton of fruit or vegetables and hardly take in any calories, they fill you up usually before you eat that many anyway. Just make it a habit to try a new one every week or something, start with salads like the other person said above and take it from there.

It is hard to keep the weight off once you lose it, I've done it several times myself haha!
  • chelchel423
    chelchel423 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!!