Another newby

Options
Hello All,

Just signed up. Looking for support. I've tried all kinds of diets including weight watchers and finally realized that regardless of the program your on, eventually you have to take control without all the gimmicks. That is what I like about this sight. It's realistic, uses calories, fats, sugars and all the normal things you'd find on a label rather than converting it all to points making you dependent on a paid membership to keep it going.

I'm 49 years old and like many on here didn't always have to watch what I ate. It's left me with many hard to break bad habits. I'm hoping that with the help of a strong friend base and this site, I can finally straighten out my diet and get back down to where I need to be....healthy.

Thanks for listening!

Julie

Replies

• marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie and welcome to MFP. I'm close to goal but plan on sticking around it keeps me focused. Feel free to add me if I can help you along the way ;-)
  • aquariusjeff1971
    Options
    Hi. Jeff here in Pittsburgh. I have been on 10 days. Good Luck!
  • davidlo421
    Options
    Hi Julie welcome aboard.. this is a great site for support & motiivation. Wish you luck on your goals..:smile:
  • sweetbtty
    sweetbtty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie! I am also new to this site too- feel free to add me if you would like! Good luck :)
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Welcome! A friend signed me up a year and a half ago, but I just started using the site this month. I find it very helpful and agree that a good group of friends can go a long way to keeping you motivated. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck.:smile:
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Hi Julie, I'm fairly new myself but I have found out about the friends helping and encouraging friends and how that really makes the difference.. Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • JennInTx
    JennInTx Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! You've come to the right spot. I'm fairly new to this site as well but quickly found out there are many inspiring and supportive people here. Feel free to add me.
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hi Julie,

Welcome to MFP! You will find a lot of support and have come to the right place. I'm also 49, started WW in 2011 (lost some weight) , but started MFP 3 months ago and have already lost 14 lbs! I am so happy that a friend of mine directed me to MFP, I log every day and exercise about 5-6 days a week and I am a very supportive friend and active every day. Please feel free to add me.