hello fellow food lovers!

Options
:laugh: Let's face it we all love food or we wouldn't be in this situation! I am hoping this site will help me lose weight without giving up the foods I love. I guess mostly by portion control, exercise and being more aware of what I eat and when.

Replies

• rokikio
    rokikio Posts: 92
    Options
    Welcome Nikaroo:
    I am a newbie too. And I have been using this site for the last week and it works wonders. I especially like the food tracking. I didn't realize before how much I was eating. Best of luck!
  • mimidanadrt2
    mimidanadrt2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how quickly it adds up isn't it? I can't imagine how many calories I was eating before I started tracking it.
  • toya860
    toya860 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fellow food lovers is right! Welcome to MFP, I've found it to be a blessing for me. I was eating about 3000 calories a day before this site, waaaaaaayyyyyy over my caloric need. The support system here is amazing! Welcome, and friend me if you like :drinker:
  • kaymiller2
    Options
    I have no idea how many cals I was consuming b4 I started tracking...I am sure it was thousands. I eat whatever I want, literally, but just watch portion size - keeping it (calorie amonts) pretty close to my recomended amount. If I want to eat something over - i just go on a brisk walk, or do the treadmill for awhile, and I have lost 2 lbs my first week. I know that wont last, but It encourages me to keep going! I know we can do this!!
    ps- I am amazed that 2 -3 cookies have about 200 cals in them! I used to eat 10 at once! help! 8-/