pics* 7wks hardly change clearly somethings wrong help!

Options
Hey so i have been on a diet and exercise plan for 7 and a half weeks now, i have just completed jillian michaels 30 ds, and the past 3 weeks i have started swimming 2x a week. I took some pictures today to see my before and after pics and i'm not going to lie i'm so disappointed.. i cant even really tell where i have toned up etc so im clearly doing something wrong whether it is tracking or not enough exercise
the first pics are 31/07/2013
tumblr_inline_mtjpkb34o91r2s5nm.png
and the bottom pics are from today (22/09/13)
tumblr_inline_mtjpkjgSQc1r2s5nm.png

so basically i just need some hints and tips, do people have any low calorie recipes they want to share, or any exercise plans that will help me tone my problem areas
i hate posting pics but if i dont no-one can help!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Opening your food diary would be the biggest help. 30 DS is a light workout that isn't going to show many results. If you really want to see muscle definition you have to go a lot more hard core with lifting than anything Jillian is doing. To lose fat you need a good diet.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    7 weeks and a 10lb loss is good.

Your pictures look a little washed out and the tops are weird fitting ( not judging just saying it might be harder to see the plus wearing those lol ).

I would assume for a much larger change in physique you would want to get in that strength training and lift.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    It might show more if you were wearing the same clothes in both sets of pics ,, 10 pounds in 7 weeks is good don't get discouraged . If we could drop all the weight we needed to and have 6 pack abs in 7 weeks there would be a lot more skinny people in the world ,, it takes time just stay on the right track .

7 weeks and a 10lb loss is good.

Your pictures look a little washed out and the tops are weird fitting ( not judging just saying it might be harder to see the plus wearing those lol ).

I would assume for a much larger change in physique you would want to get in that strength training and lift.
  • cj731
    cj731 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Judging purely on the pictures below, you seem to be growing narrower rather than seeing a reduction in protrusion. I can see the difference across your back and around your waist, and it does look like you're shrinking inwards first. Perhaps it's worth getting a tape measure and tracking cms / inches lost? Sometimes it can be discouraging when the scale doesn't move as much as you'd like or photographs don't show a dramatic change, but if your tape measure tells you you've lost 2cms across your waist you know you're still doing the right things.
    Please note I haven't checked your food diary so perhaps there's so cleaning up to do there too, but speaking as someone who was discouraged myself by what looked like a lack of progress in photos with my less than flat stomach (only to discover I'd actually managed to drop 7cms from my waist in a few weeks and was much narrower - got to remind myself I can't spot reduce and it'll come off certain areas when it's ready!), don't give up on your journey.
  • rlotze
    rlotze Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    you seem to be growing narrower rather than seeing a reduction in protrusion. I can see the difference across your back and around your waist, and it does look like you're shrinking inwards first. Perhaps it's worth getting a tape measure and tracking cms / inches lost?

I agree.
    I also agree that it would be easier to see in the same clothes.
    And finally, I agree that if you just keep with it, and keep your calorie deficit, you'll lose weight and size.
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Keep going, it will pay off!
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    You may not look different to you... to me you look smaller and more defined, especially your stomach.

Keep going! :flowerforyou:
  • Eeyeore
    Options
    just a quick note - I saw your pics and I do see toning - look at the pics of your back around the bra area from before and after - definite improvement - keep up the good work!
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else. I can see some tone...Just looks all over slimmer. I always try to take progress pics in the same clothing. It really helps you see a difference. Also, it's easier to see if you put the same angle pictures next to each other.

It takes time to really see results...Think of 10lbs of butter. If it's in bricks, it is easy to see the mass...but if you spread it out over a thin layer, it doesn't look like a lot. Just give it time. Work on resistance...that is what gives you tone - not cardio. Keep up whatever you're doing. 10lbs in 7 weeks is a great loss. Results will happen.
  • RLPearce92
    Options
    hey guys thank you all for your positive replies, ive opened up my diary i forgot it was on private, i appreciate the advice i wasnt looking at the pics objectively. i am going to step up my exercise, even finding a gym programme would help! i will look into weight training, ive seen a few transformations from people who lift and use weights and they look great!

but thank you :)
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My advice based on your diary is to make sure you are eating enough each day when you are working out very often (especially if you start lifting) and also, try to eat more protein daily which will help rebuild muscle which in turn will help burn fat and lower your body fat percentage.

Stay patient, you will see changes. 10lbs. isn't always easy to see through photos, but it is a big accomplishment!
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Take measurements! When you cant see 1/2in you can measure it,
  • RLPearce92
    Options
    thanks guys! im off to the gym tomorrow to sort out a more intense plan that will work all my body, ill get the tape measure out and do it biweekly, thanks for all your advice, made me feel better :)