Anyone up for a 30 lb challenge by Christmas?

Options

Replies

• hils2284
    hils2284 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I think this is a great idea, I think setting a high goal is a good things so your not making it easy on yourself!
    I'm in woohoo

Hils x
  • gdm201
    Options
    How many weeks til Christmas? Almost 14? That's more than 2lbs a week! Pretty sure that's not healthy. At least not for those of us with much lower goals.

^Agreed

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

My overall goal is lower, so 1lb a week is more sensible for me... so if that's ok, I'm in!
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 29. Not because 30 is crazy, but because 29 is what it will take to get me out of the obese bmi category.
  • StangMan12
    StangMan12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking to be positive about this and have support along the way. If you feel that this isn't the challenge for you, I'm sure there is one in the message board that is, but please don't rain on our parade. Those of you that are up for it great, set your own personal goal if you like, it doesn't have to be my goal. Simply set a goal today for Christmas and we can help to motivate each other to achieve it!

Let's all be losers!:tongue:
    I'm In! :glasses:

Personally I think you have a realistic goal considering the weight you've lost already, I think it's a smart challenge to get you through the holidays.

I just started this program and dropped around 25 lbs in 3 weeks (I know I know, I said I just started and my nutritionist already beat me up about it). I have a lot to lose and I can't wait to get it off. I'm just learning to do this the right way but when you are morbidly obese like me I'm not sure which is the worse evil, the weight, or trying to get it off as fast as you can. I am going to push the safe line though, just being honest here.

I'm pretty sure I can meet your challenge and this thread will help me stay on track through the holidays. :)
  • helena260
    helena260 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to try the challenge!! What is the plan?:happy:
  • rezekiel
    rezekiel Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just started a group and called it "30 Lbs To Christmas Challenge Or What You Will!" Sign up and let's do this!!
  • ingridyj6
    ingridyj6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a shot.:smile:
  • StangMan12
    StangMan12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just started a group and called it "30 Lbs To Christmas Challenge Or What You Will!" Sign up and let's do this!!

Joined and ready to go! :bigsmile:
  • alwayshope0304
    Options
    Count me in! I would like to lose 15 pounds. Im a vegetarian.
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I WONT COMMIT TO A 30 POUND BY CHRISTMAS even though it sounds nice :) but if someone else wants to start a thread for a lower amount by CHRISTMAS i WILL BE IN FOR THAT AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU WHO DO TAKE THIS CHALLENGE MAY IT BE A SUCCESSFUL HEALTHY ONE
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have a huge goal of 75lbs by New Years so I'm definitely in!

Time to work my *kitten* off :)
  • melissacorey88
    melissacorey88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will defiantly give it a try! :)
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Maybe 15lbs, but I don't really want to try for 30 as thats a little too extreme for my goal :)
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello. I love it!!!! I WANT IN ON THAT 30 LB CHALLENGE!!!! :-) Especially since I don't plan on cooking or eating any Holiday food for Thanksgiving or Christmas. LOL! I want SO MUCH MORE than obesity has to offer. :-)
  • Hmm 25 may be closer for me. I've been averaging about 10 lb a month and figure I'm bound to slow down soon...still, in for the hope of being back to my 2008 weight before 2014.
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    DEF UP FOR IT!!! LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE TOO!
  • berrydana7
    berrydana7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey All, I've never done this forum thing before but I need to start surrounding myself with more motivational people than my current friends who are very off and on with their dedication. I work out 4-5 times a week but have great difficulty with my portion control. So I'd like to put forth the 30 lb Christmas Challenge. High goal but I like to strive for high and if you achieve it amazing, if not, look at the success you had along the way. It's a win win. Who's with me?

i have portion control too!!! D: probably a lot worse actually! i'm in!! :D
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Not for 30 lbs, and I really can never tell 'how much' I'll lose in a certain timeframe :( My metabolism or something doesn't like that, lol. But I'm committed to following my plan through at least Christmas (like, forever)! So I'll be happy to report how I've done, no matter whether that comes out wimpy as far as results go. I take forever to lose weight, but it's all good :)

I really, really need to up my protein, so that's one goal to keep to. And I'm logging my weight-lifting, other exercise and calories to keep strictly on track. I can't slack off like I tend to sometimes, so I'd love to have and give support!

I'm new to the boards and posting, btw. I did very well a few years ago for so long and then slacked off and regained the weight by generally paying too little attention, so I'm new but not a complete newb at this sort of thing ;)