Toning butt

Options
Hi,
Anyone have tips to tone your butt?
I do circuit training and cardio. To tone my butt I usually do lunges and squats. I am just feeling flustered as I seem to be now carrying my weight in my butt and not my belly as much. Although, I do know belly fat is more dangerous, I would just like to be more proportioned to my size as I am only 5 feet tall. Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    Fat loss is due to consistent calorie deficit. Genetics determines how your body reduces/store fat. Really can't choose how fat comes off unless you're willing to do lipo.
    Just keep in calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    ^^ Can't spot reduce but you can overall reduce. Eventually even the fat on your bum is going to go. Keep squatting deep :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges!

Dead lifts too!
  • LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've ready that your problem area is usually the most stubborn to go. For some this happens to be their midsection and others its their tush. I personally tend to hold more weight in my thighs and butt, so for me this is problem area as well. Just continue what you're doing and eventually you will slim down in this area, too. Take measurements and do deadlifts, squats, lunges, donkey kicks, bridges, etc.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges!

Dead lifts too!
    You can't spot reduce fat.