NSV - Completed first 5K - USMC Mud Run

Options
Completed my first 5K on Saturday 9/21. Was the USMC Mud Run. 5K total distance. Start with a cross country run to the river and then a 200 yard trot through the water, parts were almost chest deep for me at 6'3 so was a decent little hike, come out and hit the pavement for a couple hundred yards and hit the first mud pit, about 20 yards long and a thick mud that was about thigh deep in the middle. Come out of the mud and back to running for a bit and then take a sharp right and go up a mountain trail for 1/2 mile at a 15-20% incline, come down the back side of the mountain and a trail run leading up to the final mud pit which is 50 yards long and half to low crawl through it.

Picture is as I was coming out of the low crawl mud pit. Finished in 1:00:38. Next up a normal 5K on 10/19 Goal is to complete in under 45min.

378102.jpg

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    261d1237578946t-super-funny-animated-gifs-chuck_norris.gif

Dude you are Amazing. Just determination and drive. Proud of you. Nothing can stop you eva
  • van8ive
    van8ive Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ROBBIE! OMG I am so proud of you! I had no clue! The mud run is one of my goals! I want to do it next year. Maybe we can do it together! WOO WOO! WAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Love the look of exhaustion...you know why? The best things happen when you test your limits! You rock!
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You fricken RAWK dude!! :-D Great job!!
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome! Great job!
  • DaRealMcKoy
    DaRealMcKoy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing. Congrats!
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wow well done, I done my first 5km too on the 21/9, the normal run and my time was 55mins, my next run is a trail run on the 29/10 and hoping to so better.
  • R1otgirl
    R1otgirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic job!! you should be so proud of yourself!
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    That is true dedication. Great job. I also have a 5k/mud/obstacle course coming up next month. Any words of advise?
  • RobertHendrix
    RobertHendrix Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Couple more photos from my Mud Run. The first one is of a Marine that truley inspired me during this run. He is a 25 year old Marine that is a triple amputee from an IED that hit his caravan. This marine ran both the individual 5k and then later in the afternoon competed with his platoon in the team run.

2e93b51a-65af-4741-852c-c906551aac55.jpg
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Congratulations!
    Don't stop keep going!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great job, that sounds like a lot of fun. I hope to do something similar one day. Good luck on the 5K run!
  • spotteddrafter
    spotteddrafter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I read these threads a lot, but don't normally comment. I had to comment on this though - you are amazingly inspiring! I've hit a plateau recently and reading threads like these kick me back in gear. Amazing! Congratulations, you kick *kitten*! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!