Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cross-fit ladies

So i would love to try cross-fit but not sure i could actually do it. those of you who have tried it, did you enjoy it, are you still doing it? any info you could give me would be nice thanks

Replies

• spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Finishing up my fourth month of Crossfit. I go a couple days a week so I still have time for strength training, rock climbing, and kickball during the week.

It's hard. A lot of days I want to kill something in the middle of the workout, but I feel good when I'm done. And it's increased my endurance and VO2 max by a TON. I went into Crossfit barely being able to run a mile, and I completed a 5k yesterday without specifically training for running (and we do relatively little actual running in our workouts).

You get out what you put in. If you're careful, know your limits and pay attention to your form it is a great program.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    The thing about crossfit is it is scalable. I can't do most "rx'd" workouts ( that is as written, at the weight given and without substitutions). I'm ok with that. I do assisted pullups and many other modifications and work at the weights I can manage. A good box will place importance on finishing what you can, not what someone says you should.

I love it. It has changed my husband's life, literally. Is it for everyone? No. But if you are interested, I highly suggest you try it out. Do you homework, look for a good box. You want instructors that put form over anything else.
    Don't be afraid, there are always all different levels there. You will never get better if you don't start.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Thanks ladies, im going to look and see if we have a place in my town