Hello I am new here looking for friends and challengers

Options
Hello I am about to be thirty and I recently got out of the navy while in the navy my weight did not fluctuate it had stayed the same throughout now that I am out I have gained about 15 pounds in 3 months not a good sign. My brother showed me this website and it looks like an awesome site. I am ready to begin my weightloss process always good to have people to challenge so if ur up for it let me know planning on running a marathon in Minnesota next summer that is my ultimate goal. Also planning in running a few five K's also throughout the year. Good luck to all and hope to hear from you all *SMILES*

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

I'm a runner, too! I recently ran my first 4 mile race (finish time: 48:37), and I'm preparing for my first 5K race coming up in a couple of weeks.

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people and helpful posts over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • LoneAngel
    LoneAngel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im new too, so lets see what challenges come up!! hehe good luck with reaching your marathon goal!! xx
  • Misterjosh
    Options
    Best of luck on the marathon! Truly a worthwhile effort for a lifelong experience. It's amazing how quickly life can seem to get in the way of maintaining a good "fighting weight". Definitely here to cheer you on in the challenge to get everything up to snuff!
  • silly_whim
    Options
    I new also to mfp. I also have the goal of a marathon. But my short term is a 5k by thanksgiving weekend. So a challenge I can offer. Are you looking for milage or timing in your runs? currently I am working on just being able to complete the 3.1 miles without loosing my breathe or walking. lol my motivation is my sister n law's husband will also be competing with me and I'd like to kick his butt ... are you following a running/training program?
  • djnelson1024
    Options
    I have not actually set up any other goals yet but I am going to participate in a few 5Ks beforehand indeed I was in the navy for eleven years and learned a good deal about training and preparing for such a thing as a 5K actually had a girl that I worked with that completed a triatholon and so she helped to train us a bit scary and a lot of work but so worth it. I am at 2 miles without losing my breath got lots of work to do hope u compete in the 5k and enjoy urself as well always awesome to say i did that
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    i tried friending you did it work??
  • dindivt
    dindivt Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined this site last week and it is quite addicting, its also great with being an inspiration and the people on here that are in your same situation are so supportive. Good luck with your goal of the marathon, I am trying to get to where I like to run, since Ive never liked it.
  • Damage483
    Options
    Welcome and thank you for your service. Best wishes to you on your journey. :D
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    well good luck!! add me as a friend if you would like :)
  • bperez14
    Options
    My goal is also to lose 15-20 lbs. Since i have issues with motivation I will cheer you on to encourage myself to do better as well! lol Good luck! The race is on!
  • djnelson1024
    Options
    I am looking forward to challenging and supporting everyone cant wait life is all about challenges whether we seek them out or they fall in our laps we work with what we have and dont let it bring us down we are human and that is life thanks to everyone for all the support so far this site is awesome thanks for the thank u for serving i am glad i had made life better for some good luck all have a wonderful evening shower and bed for me goodnight My Fitness Pal Friends *SMILES*
  • fthoodbaby
    fthoodbaby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a runner, too. Any of you looking to start running, the "Couch to 5K" is an good training program. Puts you on an easy schedule to start running. It's what I used to start -- and a couple years later wen I quit running, I used it again to get started back.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I am starting a P90X challenge starting November 1 to give people time to get the DVDs. You are welcome to join. FYI: You can find it for less than they are offering on Beach Body through Amazon. I have seen it as low as $60. If you aren't familiar with the program check out beachbody.com.

Welcome to MFP