The longest plateau?

Options
My question is what is the longest you have been on a plateau while staying on your program? I need some encouragement. I haven't changed a thing but the scale isn't moving anymore. Grrrr.

Replies

• Girl_Bomb
    Girl_Bomb Posts: 195
    Options
    Iv been plateaued for a year, changed up my program, went paleo started crossfit and still NOTHING.
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Im on a 4 month plateau...but mine is caused by anti-depressants which cause me to gain weight. I stopped taking them last month and i still have not seen any changes.....it might take a few more weeks for my metabolism to shift
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck in the same place since last spring...I've been so frustrated that I've ended up taking occasional breaks from logging and still no change. I recently started lifting weights consistently and trying to change up my cardio and I'm *hopeful* that this might do the trick. I've also set my calories based on my TDEE-20% so I'm not eating exercise calories. Here goes nothing....

ETA: So my scale has bee fluctuating between 6lbs for almost a year but I have noticed changes in my body. I'm stronger, faster, fitter, have less fat etc. Unfortunately somehow none of these changes are translating into inches lost from where I initially measured.
  • kerilynne68
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. I'm strengthened by your perseverance!
  • xscarletXbegoniasx
    Options
    I've been at a plateau for about 7 months now! I work out 5x a week. I switch up my routines pretty often, and switch my diet around often. I've even had a trainer. But I'm at my last 10-15lbs, so I know its not going to be easy and its going to take a while...just gotta keep going and never give up!
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey,

aargh! I've been there!

I was gaining and losing the same 10 lbs for over six mts. Finally broke it after I took the METABOLIC TESTING at my gym 2 mts ago. It helped me find my ideal fat burn zones, heart rates and ideal caloric intake. Cost $200 and Soo worth it.

Bumped cals from 1560-1800 a day and started higher intensity cardio...like spin and running. Lost 9 lbs in 7 wks! Feel good and never hungry ! Except now, when it's 1 am and I should b sleep! Lol

I've learned so much about myself and my body over the last couple of years and lost 20 lbs last year, and 15+ year before and 9 so far this year!

I incorporate balanced meals with lots of green veggies and lean proteins, only drink water (may add some Mio water enhancer) and take my vitamins and supplements. I lift 3+ Times a week and hit cardio 5-6/week ...mainly to manage stess and I love the endorphins!

Keep at it...healthier food intake and workouts are giving u a healthy inside! We want u as beautiful on the inside as ur outside ;)

P.s. checkout the book EAT RIGHT FOR UR BLOOD TYPE...u can google your blood type too and livingstrong.com is reliable site. Very insightful info on how your body and blood type works for u and how certain foods can help or hinder ur weight loss. I'm O+ , check it out! http://www.livestrong.com/o-positive-blood-type/

All the best, Shannon ATL
  • SmarTam
    SmarTam Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been pleateaued since 2 months :( tried cycling calories, reduced, increased, changed workout routine..nothin works right now.
  • Catdemar
    Catdemar Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How far are you away from your goal?
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    5 months, as of today finally lost a little over a pound, but have been fluctuating with the same 2 pounds up and down, but with having an injury all summer and I didn't gain, I am sticking with it
  • ChrisMundie
    ChrisMundie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just hit a month plateaued on the scale, but I have really noticed the changes in my body. Bigger muscles, clothes fitting looser, better endurance, more energy, ect. This is actually the first time I've tried to lose weight and felt totally cool with a plateau. I also noticed the scale inching down the last 2 days, I hope it keeps going.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I think I have been plateaued now at around 200lbs for 9 months? Occasionally, I will lose a few more pounds, just to gain it back again. I have decided to get a gym to change it up, see how it goes I suppose. Either way - though I am plateaued, I figure if I stop exercising, I will also stop eating healthy, thus getting totally off track. :) Just keep going, because you are not doing any harm by trying.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    6 months
  • SmarTam
    SmarTam Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    OK, I have to share this here. I have broken the pleateaue finally. I am down by one pound. I could not break in below the 68 kilo mark, was hovering around 68.4, 68.6, 69.0, 68.0 and finally i saw 67.8 and today it was 67.6. So around one pound below 68 mark in almost 2 months.

I think the calorie cycling worked. I changed my calorie intake from 1200- 1300 and ate about 25% or my workour calories and allowed myself a couple of cheat meals on the weekends and did not burst my lungs out doing endless cardio. Instead concentrated on strength and toning and ligh cardio mixed with HITT 4 times a week atleast!! It worked for me! Let us see how I go further!!!
  • sedentarygeek
    sedentarygeek Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been on a plateau for about a year now. I can never seem to get my weight past 135lbs. And I've been so frustrated because I'm only 10lbs away from my goal weight! The plateau has been the main reason I keep going off my diets. I'll work so hard and eat so well for months and see no progress and then get discouraged. This last lifestyle change is one I am serious about so thankfully I have been able to stick through it! I can only hope that the plateau goes down soon.

Good luck!
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If you haven't changed a thing- that's exactly why you're plateaued! Our bodies are smart and adapt! We have to keep changing our approach as we lose weight. If you've lost a lot, you probably need to reduce your calories and move more. If you don't have that much left to lose (10 lbs or less), I've heard you should actually eat more and let it come off more slowly so you don't lose muscle & so your body doesn't panic. Try a new exercise routine or new food plan, like eating less sugar or something. You have to keep changing to see your body keep changing!
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    on a plateau now for a year, but I keep working hard at this:drinker:

I have changed my calorie goals from 1300 to 1400 to 1500 to 1600 and then went back to 1300 and gained a pound I now find that at 1600 I may have a chance and I upped exercise