40-something and want to be in shape

I just turned 44 and I struggle with addictive food behavior. Last year between June and December I began eating vegan, very healthy, and walking over 2 miles every day. I lost 50 pounds in that time. Then I fell off my wagon at Christmas and in the past 9 months I have gained 40 of that back. This is not the first time. I work with women recovering from drug addiction and I clearly see the same behaviors in my "relapses". I am having a really hard time getting back on track and always in the back of my mind worry that I'm just going to gain it all back no matter what. I could really use daily motivation and encouragement, at least in the beginning, to bet myself back on my feet. I am 5 feet tall and currently weight 160 pounds. I have no muscle, lungs are out of shape, no endurance...nothing. The only way I can go is up (well, uh....down). Thanks for reading!

Replies

• fitasamermaid
    fitasamermaid Posts: 22 Member
    Hey! I hear you! I've been on and off the wagon so many times too! But you CAN do it! This year I turned 40 and i've lost around 16 pounds and I know I could do better but at the same time I'm happy because I developed a love/need to exercise and stay active and that's always good! Dont get discouraged, remember if we fall 100 times we will get up 101! You already took your first step and that's more than 50% of the job!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Well attitude is the 1st step and yours is good :) You know what to do, now just to do it... Welcome to mfp and good luck.