New to the site

Options
Hi all, decided it was time to get my butt back shape!!

I've been overweight most of my life. At 20 I was at 260 and decided I was tired of it and worked out religously and dropped from 260 to 185. At 185 I was a happier, more confident person which was when I met my wife. After 19 years she had an affair and has left me and my children. So I decided it was time I got healthy both physically and emotionally. I weighed 270 2 weeks ago and weigh 249 today. A lot of that loss was due to the split which turned me into a basket case here recently. Yes the stress of the situation was the catalyst of the sudden weight loss but now that some weight has been lost I want to change my lifestyle and get more active and eat healthier.

I would like to get back under 200 lbs and know I'm going to get there. I've given up diet soda which I use to consume in vast amounts. I haven't had a diet pop since 9/11!! I've been walking/jogging for about 5 days now and other than a blister I've been really happy with the results. I'm going to start riding my bicycle tomorrow so I can get off my feet and I think I can still get the same cardiovascular workout if I push myself.

I'd like to thank my sister-in-law for inviting me to the site, I think it can be a very useful tool and help me on my journey!

Mike

Replies

• cyndymar
    Options
    Welcome to your new weightloss Journey I was 257 when I decided to step on the scale after 5 kids and not taking care of my body I decided it was time to live a healthy active life never going back I currently weigh 155 ! It wont be easy but it will be worth it Good Luck and God Bless !!
  • Mavalicous
    Mavalicous Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome...good job!! At my heaviest I weighed 335...well I digress, that was my last me!asured weight. I'm sure I topped out at 350. That was not a good time for me. I'm now lighter than I've been in at least 10 years and it feels great!! No way I'm gonna stop now. :)
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have come a long ways already. Having had marriage issues myself I can understand what it is like.

I am just at the beginning of my journey .. well 3 weeks in anyways. I hope to have some success and wish you the same. I know what it feels like to feel depressed about your weight and how good it feels to get to a weight where you feel good at.
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Glad to see you are ready to take over your life.
    My name is kenisha, I'm currently about 245lbs.
  • Mavalicous
    Mavalicous Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies guys! It really helps hearing encouragement from other people going through the same struggles that I am and that can identify with me. It's not easy as we all know, if it was we'd all be skinny...lol
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a regular here and while I am in maintenance, I am very motivated to give and receive feedback. Even if you don't want to friend me after reading my profile, blessings on your journey.