52 Year Old Seeking Friends And Support

kayb58
kayb58 Posts: 20 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I joined about a month ago. I am a little shy however, and never posted. I would like find people who also have a lot to lose or are older like me. I would like to lose 110 to 120 pounds.

Replies

• donnathome
    donnathome Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I just joined last week and haven't posted anything yet. I'm 52 also! Right now, my long-term goal is 92 lbs, but at this point I'm still looking for my first 10. I tried this earlier in the year and lost 7 right away and then got tired of constantly tracking my food.
    But, I proved to myself I can't do it alone and this really works!
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Hi.. you can add me as a friend if you would like. I am new and the support I have received so far is very encouraging. Best wishes
  • I would love to be a support to you! I am 41 and mom of two. I am really enjoying this site. its a of fun and very motivating. I enjoy tennis and walking to get into shape. would you be interested in online friendship? Marya, Fort Collins, CO (travelgirl96)
  • Welcome !! I absolutely love this site and the people here are wonderful! Add me if you would like!! I would love to share support! Can never have too many friends!
  • kayb58
    kayb58 Posts: 20 Member
    Thank you everyone. I am really excited to really be getting started. I had a successful first month, but it is nice to have support to get through the long haul of losing the rest.
  • thelima
    thelima Posts: 234
    Hiya - feel free to friend me. I'm also 52 and looking to lose 115 lbs. I've been here for about 6 weeks and have dropped 23. :)

Cheers!

-- Maria (aka The Lima)
  • Feel free to friend me also! I'm 56 and also have over 100 pounds to lose. There are a few message boards for people with over 100 pounds to lose, too. I'm kind of shy, as you are (in the 3-D world, anyway) and previously tried to lose weight totally on my own... the support is invaluable, though, especially when you know your friends on here are going through similar challenges!
This discussion has been closed.