Women: Who else looks better out of clothes than in them?!

Options
Naked or in my underwear I feel sexy and confident about my body!
But as soon as I try to get dressed all my confidence is shattered. Nothing flatters my body.
I have a slightly odd shape but nothing crazy..

I was hoping someone else out there has this problem??

Replies

• Tmoxson
    Tmoxson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too. Thought I was the only one.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Not me. Clothes hide my physical flaws.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    When I was bigger, I thought I looked fantastic in clothes and horrible out of them.
    Now I feel that clothes don't really hide or camouflage my body like I once believed they did. I think I look about equally "good" or "bad" in or out of clothes.

But the good part is I feel comfortable naked...which is 20% weight loss physical change and 80% partner change hehehe
  • bridgew24
    bridgew24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

But the good part is I feel comfortable naked...which is 20% weight loss physical change and 80% partner change hehehe

Aw that's great to hear! Weirdly enough I felt sexier 10kg heavier, AND clothes looked better. I miss all that boob fat :'(
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

Aw that's great to hear! Weirdly enough I felt sexier 10kg heavier, AND clothes looked better. I miss all that boob fat :'(

I do find it harder to find clothes than fit and flatter now, than when I was much larger. So I can feel your pain in that way.

But yeah, the partner change made a lot of difference in my life ;-)

Was married to a very unhealthy (smoker etc) out of shape obese guy who was a sweet person, but had ZERO sex drive and did not find me attractive really. He didn't like doing much of anything (in or out of the bedroom) and felt ashamed of his fat and therefore, ashamed of mine too I am sure.

Now engaged to a health/fitness "nut" who is as energetic as me in all areas of life and I'm 100% his type. Makes life pretty awesome I must say :-)
  • Catdemar
    Catdemar Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I hate shopping for cloths but just bought some new under wear and a bathing suit(skirt) but still don't like pants it takes me forever to get dressed in the morning.
  • bridgew24
    Options
    I hate shopping for cloths but just bought some new under wear and a bathing suit(skirt) but still don't like pants it takes me forever to get dressed in the morning.

Same! You want to leave the house looking and feeling your best, very frustrating when that doesn't work out :(
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I wear bigger sizes to hide my tummy because I am self conscious about it. I also wear v-necks, and other low cut blouses to divert attention to my breasts so no one notices my belly.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I absolutely hate how I look in most clothes. I'm short and I have wide hip bones, short torso and a full hip anyways= adds 10lbs if not more >.<
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Perhaps this is why my bikinis keep getting smaller...
  • JenS2586
    Options
    Yep. I feel like clothes make me look 'thicker' and shorter. Clothes make my bum look smaller than it is, and my torso look shorter and thicker. At least that's how I see it. Plus clothes hide your definition, and any nice piercings and tats you may have in those areas.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    nope, I'm completely the opposite. Clothing hides a trainwreck body.

i'd love to see what your girls figures look like & make some suggestions for what might suit?
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I hate looking at myself naked or in underwear. I just see everything that is wrong with my body. My clothes hide a multitude of sins!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I've never heard if this before (feeling better naked then dressed.) But tagging, cause interested even if I can't relate. (I love how I look in clothes and naked. I'm a clothing junkie and an cute underwear collector.)

I'd live to see what you ladies look like; curious is just skewed perception or actual odd body shapes.
  • aura82
    aura82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Certainly cant say I can relate, but if you feel sexy naked and in undies then I think more power to you.
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ME! I really thought I was bonkers but clothes do not fit me properly, as my belly is distended and not proportionate to anything else.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I hate looking at myself naked or in underwear. I just see everything that is wrong with my body. My clothes hide a multitude of sins!

I thought I was the only one that felt this way. I really feel pretty sickened at how I have let myself get to this point. But I will get back to where I used to be. But I know it will not be a short process. But I am willing to do the required work.
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I thought I was crazy lol but I think it's my clothes...they're all old and hand me downs or from thrift stores..I don't really have nothing new or nice...and when you have a new body you don't want to wear Huge clothes that covers up all your hard work..!
  • fishfoodfight
    fishfoodfight Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Especially now that I'm about 15 pounds heavier than where I want to be, my boobs are kind of giant and it sometimes feels like I have to choose between drawing too much attention to them and wearing looser t-shirts that totally kill my shape. :/
  • bridgew24
    Options
    nope, I'm completely the opposite. Clothing hides a trainwreck body.

i'd love to see what your girls figures look like & make some suggestions for what might suit?

I'd say I'm a kind of 'Cameron Diaz' shape. haha Shoulders look 'wide' because not much definition at my waist and slender hips. My WIDEST 'hip' part is technically the top of my thighs. :\ And nothing really tells you how to dress for ridiculously low curves like that. haha
    Apparently I'm 'hourglass' by measurements as I am a 10D and have a (almost)booty. But front on you can't see that! I have 0 cleavage so playing up my boobs is a no go :'(
    Adding to the difficulty in dressing is how incredibly pale I am and rather tall to boot! Australia does not do me any favors, everything is for 5'3" girls with a tan.