Will being in shape really make me feel prettier?

Options
I'm not so sure anymore.
I used to say it's only my body I need to work on. But now I feel like my face, my hair and my body needs help.
I know I need to just love myself, but it's hard sometimes.
I'm starting to wonder if getting in shape will really even make me feel better about myself.

Does anyone feel the same?

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Yes I understand how you feel. I started this because I wanted to be healthy, all the other stuff is sort of extra. I initially found it very irritating when people would comment on my weight lose by noting how my body looked and how much better it would look when I lost more weight. Being that this was not my motivation it sort of trivialized my reasons for losing weight.

Just this past week several people commented how I clean up nicely, I was not aware that needed to clean up but I can understand how some changes lead to other changes. With weight lose your face changes so it might be time for a new hairstyle or a change in makeup.

To be honest, I really think the weight lost makes people treat us better and this results in us feeling - different!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    A lot of what makes a person attractive is simply being happy and confident. Looks matter too, of course, but sometimes people make improvements in their looks without making improvements in the underlying insecurity. So it depends.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It may or may not. I often feel pretty but then other times think no matter how perfect I am I'll never be 100% satisfied. When I was young I was very fit and very small but I'd still not be happy about the stupidest little things. I guess I thought I am supposed to look like barbie or something and that is impossible.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm not so sure anymore.
    I used to say it's only my body I need to work on. But now I feel like my face, my hair and my body needs help.
    I know I need to just love myself, but it's hard sometimes.
    I'm starting to wonder if getting in shape will really even make me feel better about myself.

Does anyone feel the same?

Your face is gorgeous.

but yeah, being slim and trim is an utter trip. It's really cool, it's empowering. Getting hit on and whistled at is a real ego boost. :) I miss it! :D

If you want to get in shape don't let negative thoughts stop you. But don't imagine that being slim will make you feel better about your inner self. You do understand yourself better as you get older though, and learn to be as kind to yourself as you are to others. :D Do what you want and don't let the *kitten* get you down. :p
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    it you can stick with the changes you are starting to make, the hair, and skin will respond too. Please do try not to be too self critical.

all the very best
  • bantamspaul
    bantamspaul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Don't be daft - you're lovely
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Confidence has a lot to do with it. And just eating better or working out will help improve your confidence. I notice a healthy lifestyle just makes me feel better over all. We r our own worst critics lighten up on yourself and walk tall
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Dont stress it.

Eating healthy will make you feel better, increase your confidence and just make you a more happy person overall(if you're not happy atm).

After you reach your goal give yourself a new hairdo if you feel like it and you will feel awesome.

Stay away from negative people as they will just drag you down.
  • Jazzabelle100885
    Options
    First of all: from what I can see on your photo, you're definitely blessed with a pretty face, not everybody is ;) If you want to do something about your hair, you can - take good care of it and with getting healthier, your hair will look healthier.

As for me: I am blessed with good skin, good lips, good eyes and "good hair". Although I did work on getting my hair healthy. My body was the only thing that I was (and still am) unhappy with. Now that I am losing weight and getting in shape, I am starting to feel more beautiful. Confidence also shows in your face!
  • ChangingLifestyles
    Options
    Thank you all <3