NSV: new shorts already falling off

Options
I bought a couple pairs of shorts at the beginning of the summer. They weren't too small, but they were definitely snug on me. Yesterday morning I threw them on straight out of the dryer just to wear around the house while I figured out my day. My 7yo daughter started nagging at me and pulling on the back pocket. I had no choice but to pay attention to her -- otherwise she would've pulled those formerly-snug shorts down past my knees. They're THAT loose. Woot!! :happy:

(And, next summer, I expect to need new shorts again -- another three or four inches down from what I bought this year!)

Replies

• fishfoodfight
    fishfoodfight Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an awesome feeling. I'm looking forward to getting to that place with the jeans I've been wearing lately.
  • shelbymkoenig
    shelbymkoenig Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm both ecstatic and sad when clothes don't fit. I'm ecstatic because I'm getting un-fat but sad because I'm too poor for new clothes. It it weren't for my very generous mother I wouldn't have any dress clothes that fit to student teach in.
  • jipis
    jipis Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm both ecstatic and sad when clothes don't fit. I'm ecstatic because I'm getting un-fat but sad because I'm too poor for new clothes. It it weren't for my very generous mother I wouldn't have any dress clothes that fit to student teach in.

I know that feeling well. I wear a suit to synagogue every Saturday. I have 3 suits that fit. Well, that *DID* fit. Now they range from pants-slightly-loose-but-jacket-too-big-to-button-without-looking-weird to pants-so-baggy-they-feel-like-MCHammer's-pants-don't-even-ask-about-the-jacket. I have a few older (read: smaller, from before I got to my heaviest) suits that I've actually moved back into. The coats on them are also a bit big. Even when I had this size waist on the way up, I must've had a bigger belly then because of the way all the jackets seem to fit.

I *could* buy a new suit or two that fit correctly. But, I expect (HOPE!) to drop at least another 3-4 inches from my waist over then next 30 pounds. And suits aren't exactly cheap.

I'll probably break down and buy one new suit in the next month. Oh well. :/
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Great feeling when your clothes start to get loose!!

It's annoying though....have to keep buying new pants :grumble:
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Think---drawstrings--when you are in transition. It gives you a little adjustment time before you have to buy smaller stuff.
  • ftballmom9296
    ftballmom9296 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV that is definitely something to be proud of. Sounds like you will definitely need new clothes very soon. Keep up the great work it is working.
  • hdyanneh
    Options
    Great job on the loss! Keep up the good work! Its always fun to go shopping especially when youre going DOWN in sizes and more options are available to you than going UP in size n they kinda lump you in to big n frumpy...
  • hdyanneh
    Options
    I worked with a DRESS for SUCCESS program in Dallas and if you donated your gently used professional clothes you could trade for items from their "closet" LOTS of their clothing is NEW...donated from retailers like Sears, JCP, Kohls, ect...its a win win situation...
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    Options
    Great job! I can't wait for that to happen to me too. :smile:
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to put in the time and deal with the musty smell, 2nd hand stores can yield clothing treasures. Luckily, I have a sister who started her health journey before me so I get her last round of clothes.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Congrats. The down side is going out to replace them.
    I'm dreading to cooler weather. I'll finally have to buy new pants. For now I am living with them bunching just a bit.

Have fun shopping.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!