Healthy Indian!!!

Options
Ok my girlfriend wants to go out for indian tomorrow night for her birthday.
My plan is :
- Do massive cardio in the AM
- Download the menu and predetermine my choice so I'm not tempted to go nuts with butter chicken and cheesy nan

Any one got any recommendations on healthier indian take away dishes? x

Replies

• hopeC12
    hopeC12 Posts: 38
    Options
    It's also fine to go over your calorie goals every once in awhile, especially for a special occasion! :)

So you can probably enjoy whatever on the menu as long as you don't overeat on quantity. Pick something you like and eat slowly, and plan on a taking half home maybe.
  • Mahooka
    Mahooka Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I really like what hopeC12 said, that would be my plan. Guarantee it by asking for a take-away box at the beginning and cutting all the servings in half and putting them away. If it's too tempting excuse yourself and take your left-overs to the car before you start.
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Eat it without Rice! The rice has no real flavour and just bulks up the rest so enjoy the actual dish and don't take in excess calories from the rice that is not really needed.
    Try and find a Broccoli or cauliflower tomato based dish or a Sahg Gosht (spinach base)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Get a mega spicy vindaloo. Drink lots of water with it. Ditch the rice (it is usually the high GI stuff). Ditch naan bread. The one I go to has heaps of basic salads as well. Coconut based curries look bad statistically but because coconut is a medium chain fatty acid, it is better for you.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Ok so I went online and looked up their menu - control freak much

So I'm going to have paneer tikka masala - which is HOT vegetarian with cottage cheese and spinach balls tandoori seared and tikka gravy and salad and tandori roti - YUM and only 400 cals :)

Thanks guys preparation is always the key for me!! x