what's your favorite work out DVD?

Options
I'm looking to buy a cheap but good DVD to help with toning.:smile:

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is bellydance for toning! Suhaila Pilates is the one I'm always popping in, but I do my own warmup and more yoga, etc, too. Suhaila Buns is great for toning of the...buns ;)

I like Yoga Zone for general yoga. Or "10 Minute Solution Yoga" (do more than one of those at a time, lol).

"Dance With Me Ballet Workout" has a great toning section that is done on the floor and includes nice Pilates moves. I like to do the toning part and the barre and then do my own thing.

I hate jumping around or general 'cardio' DVDs, so YMMV :) I weight lift and dance more, too, but I do love toning DVDs.
  • roxigirl89
    roxigirl89 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels. Her DVDs are amazing.
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Agree with Roxigirl

Any of Jillian's will give results.

I have recently been just finding workouts on You Tube - currently doing a few by Denise Austen. They aren't over tough though, just enough to keep you moving a bit.
  • mikenelson20
    mikenelson20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am currently kicking *kitten* with Insanity. It has been awesome. Also had great success with P90X. Heard lots of good things about Jillian Michaels but never tried it myself.
  • paulei1975
    paulei1975 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Try Leslie Sansone's walking / workout videos. i love them and they helped me lose over 25 lbs using them. Here is a link for the 3 mile walk video. Good luck and enjoy http://youtu.be/xRScb2l4Z4g
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    P90X
  • Roxiesmother
    Options
    Jillian Michaels - love them. For toning try No More Trouble Zones.:smile:
  • AnniePenny
    AnniePenny Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried THAAAT many but I currently have a pretty strong love/hate relationship with Insanity. I know, it's hardcore, it's super cardio it's like OMG I'M DYING kinda dvd but I love how it challenges me and makes me realize I can actually do more than i think i can so yea.. :) Insanity all the way for me rightnow
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    P90X

I am going to second P90X
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    lol the first hip hop abs DVD. I have the whole set but I just really like the first DVD.
  • rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Insanity is amazing! I love Jillian Michaels too :smile:
  • leanne0605
    leanne0605 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is amazing. I have done all 3 of her DVDs. I am currently doing Insanity and I have become addicted to it.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    T25 is my go-to favorite right now :) It totally kicks your butt in 25 minutes!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    For info an many DVD go here: collagevideo.com

This will give video clips, reviews, it will tell you what equipment is required, fitness level, etc.

You requested "toning" ....... to me that means strength training (not DVDs like 30 Day Shred, or Leslie Sansone)

I like Kelly Coffey Meyer 30 Minutes to Fitness ....it's a whole series but the DVDs that are about strength training (and I like) are:
    http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-min-to-fitness-body-shop-6367
    http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/kelly-coffeys-30-min-to-fitness-body-training-5756