Options
mum23
mum23 Posts: 248 Member
does anyone else do a carb curfew?
any good dinner ideas if you do?

Replies

• aprilshowers13
    Options
    What is carb curfew? Is it when you stop eating carbs after a certain time?
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you specifically mean.

But, if you mean, avoiding grains, just grill some meat and steam/roast veggies. Vary the meat, vary the veggies, you can easily make a different dinner every day of the week.
  • mum23
    mum23 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    yeah it is, normall 5 or 6 pm, depending on your lifestyle. due to the fact that you are more likely to be sedentary after that time and not wear off the cals from carbs. its something Joanna Hall is an advocate of.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I don't follow a carb curfew but my body does best eating the bulk of my carbs earlier in the day and keeping my dinner light. My typical dinner is heavy on protein and green veggies. :smile:
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I try to eat no more then 2 carbs a day......I don't really care when I eat them.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I usually eat my fruit servings before 3pm, but I don't limit whole wheat carbs in the evening.
  • hopeC12
    hopeC12 Posts: 38
    Options
    The number of calories you burn at night is actually still pretty high. You will burn calories continuously anyway, so it really doesn't matter when you eat them. What may be bad is eating a large meal right before bed just because it'll sit in your digestive tract awhile and may cause issues there, but calorie-wise it doesn't matter at all.
  • bethly
    bethly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I heard that Roger Federer doesn't eat carbs after the sunset working up to one of the Australia Open's a few years ago. I love that idea! (Even if it is a little vampire-like)
  • tondalea
    tondalea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I eat my carbs early in the day with breakfast and or lunch. None after 1pm. I normally eat what I cooked for dinner the night before for lunch and light for dinner. Veggies and protein or a protein shake. For some reason I'm not hungry in the evenings. The carbs that I do eat are regular potatoes, sweet potatoes, whole grain pasta, whole grain rice and Quinoa. I noticed the difference eating my carbs early in the day.
  • gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Check out the following website about Carbs, from the University of Colorado. It has some great nutritional information and links.

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/foodnut/09362.html