Breakfast

Options
Breakfast is a huge problem for me. Most mornings I get up not wanting food and have to make myself eat. Well, that's a lie...I go to Mickey D's and get a large frappe on those mornings. The mornings I do want food I tend to want really bad stuff. This morning I'm craving IHOP, but I just had it yesterday as a treat. So, other than a frappe or IHOP I don't want a thing. I know that's not good but every other food thought I'm having makes me want to hurl. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    why is skipping breakfast bad?

Truth is, a lot of people skip breakfast (Intermittent Fasting) and have a lot of success. I did it for about eight months and had no issues. If you are not hungry then do not eat in the morning and have a larger lunch and dinner, but just make sure you stay under your calorie goal.

As far as craving IHOP, that is a will power thing....if you wan't to have long term success you can't be going to Ihop, waffle house, dennis, etc every single morning and blowing out your calories...
  • bellaaa01
    Options
    When I'm not hungry in the morning I usually just wait until I am hungry mid morning then have something light like a banana :) I don't see the point of forcing myself to eat when I'm not hungry, as long as your other meals are healthy i wouldn't think it would cause any problems
  • Jazzabelle100885
    Options
    I personally find that having breakfast helps me stay full throughout the day. If I skip it, I get hungry and binge around noon.

But, I am also not a breakfast person - I don't like making it and I just don't like EATING in the morning. That's why I have protein shakes every morning after my workout. It is easy to make, easy to drink and it keeps me full for hours.
  • pintobean82
    Options
    Thank you all for the input. I did end up eating a little later and healthy so I do feel better about making that choice.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I used to not eat breakfast at all. :smile: Now I do it, I think, because I'm used to it, so I get hungry on work days. On the weekends, I can skip and not notice. Just depends on the day for me.
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I usually break my fast at around 11am and it's what works for me. If eating earlier in the day doesn't sit well with your stomach, then just don't eat until later.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Hey, cutting calories is hard enough. Why MAKE yourself eat when you DON'T WANT TO?