*Waves to the crowd*....now wave back ;-)

Options
Hello everyone. I have finally succumbed to joining this site. I have several family members and acquaintances who have sung the praises of MFP (however, they will never EVER get me to join FB....EVER! ^_^).

I've tried that 50million site, but I didn't like it. I like MFP better. I think it's because there are so many active members who seem genuinely concerned and supportive of other members no matter what they are going through or how many times they have to start over before they hit their stride. It's going to be a struggle to change my habits, and I need that kind of support system.

I look forward to losing some weight with you all.

Off to finally edit my profile. ^_^

Replies

• anumaly
    Options
    *wave*
    hello and welcome =D
    i haven't yet done the whole introducing thing but even as a creeper at this place i find so much information... often what i'm going through people will have already posted
    lots of great people here =D
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    *waves!*

Welcome! I'm sure you'll really enjoy MFP--it's a great tool for diet/exercise tracking, and the forums are great... lots of interesting information and good support! (No FB... are you *suuuuure*??? :wink:)
  • Awh, they're waving. They like me, they really like me LOL...j/k.

Thanks xarrium and anumaly.

Yes, xarrium, I am a FB shunner. However, I said I would "never" join MFP...so...yeah:ohwell:
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    ***waves with two hands!***

Hey Lady!!!

Glad to see you here, I'm a newbie as well!!! But I LOVE the droid app.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll be "seeing" each other around...until then HEALTH AND HAPPINESS!

=)
  • ropicrdo
    Options
    Glad you decided to give mfp a try. I have been a member less than two weeks and I am truly enjoying it. I have lost five pound and I will weigh in Friday. The people on this site are great cheerleaders and always have great comments. I would love to have you as a friend, feel free to add me if you like.
  • JohnRandom
    Options
    *waves*... in fact, California Waves!! oooh yeah! :)

but anyway, i'm new too, and i've got to admit, i feel the same way you do. i like it here. it's interesting and fun. :) and i never even knew about this site til my friend told me just a few days ago, now i'm having fun logging in food and clicking my water cup counter. hahaha.

well, GOD bless you on your road to Health and a Happier well being!

One Love
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    Here is a Scottish wave for you too

I've only been here a few days but its fab.

Good luck.
  • kelly1301
    Options
    Good Luck x
  • CherryJellybean
    CherryJellybean Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    *Wave* :) Welcome and good luck on ur goals!
  • Thank you everyone for your warm welcome.:blushing:
    I think I love MFP already.
  • Desiree219
    Options
    I'm new to the site too...and the thing I noticed right off the bat was how supportive a place it is. Everyone really wants everyone else to succeed and we celebrate and praise each other's successes. Good luck with your journey :-)
  • Thank you Desiree219.
  • doggiemomma
    Options
    Kentucky WAVE.... Welcome aboard. My sister got me started on this also. We shall see....
  • in_jin_jo
    Options
    **wave**

My co-workers convinced me to join. So far I like to calorie counting. We're both newbies!
  • Thank you in_jin_jo and doggiemomma. Newbies united :happy:
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are going to love whst this site has to offer.

I turned a friend onto it and she lost 25 pounds since June and she doesnt post or even log her weight. She just quietly uses the journal and calorie counter.

So you can be as involved as you want or not, it's all goood!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    **waves back**

Welcome aboard! You will find an endless amount of support and friendship here. So glad you decided to join us. You come across as charming, witty, and downright FUN! Hope to see you post again soon! :)
  • crazyda79
    crazyda79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I too am new to this site and so far am loving it. It has helped me to be accountable to myself for my eating and exercising habits. With it there on the screen, there is no denying to myself what I did or didn't do! It has really helped so far. I saw a friend's post on another site and her incredible weight loss so I had to follow her over here! Anyway, all this to say, I enjoy it here and now you will too. Good luck on your goals.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm giving you a big Mackem wave! (that's from somebody from Sunderland UK)

Welcome x
  • LoneAngel
    LoneAngel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Id send you a mexican wave... but As I live in Spain.. youll have to make do with a spanish one... mind you.. it does come with an "OLÉ" hehe.

Good luck with the weightloss!! xxx