Easy breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options

- Banana + peanut butter sandwich. I tend to make it very quickly - 1 slice of bread, a small dollop of PB (don't even spread it, just dollop it on), take the banana out of the peel and fold the bread around the banana. No knives needed, no spreading or slicing, no faffing at all.

I used to have something similar to this as an afternoon snack. I would take a Trader Joe's flatbread, put a Tbsp of peanut butter down the center, and wrap it around a peeled banana. YUM!

~Chelle

i have had this for snack too- yummy!
  • TheScarlettOHara
    TheScarlettOHara Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm a smoothie maker for breakfast, however that might not be good made the night before.

For mine I use 1 cup of skim milk, a banana, a scoop of whey protein in vanilla and a handful of either frozen blueberries or strawberries.
  • LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    Options
    On my day off I will make ; Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancakes. They freeze really well, and all you have to do it put them in the toaster then go.

1/2 cup oatmeal
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    4 egg whites

(you can add any fruits to them you like) my favorite is at 1 banana and 2 tablespoon of peanut butter

Blend all ingredients in blender.
    Spray skillet with cooking spray and cook just like"silver dollar" pancakes, a few small ones at a time.

Good luck :happy:
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    Right now I eat egg whites almost every morning. It takes about 1min in the microwave and I add veggies if I have them on hand.
    This is my favorite though: About 1/2 cup of instant oats, about 1/2 cup of vanilla greek yogurt, spoonful of peanut butter (you can add some milk if you like it thinner, but I like it thick). Mix it all up in a tupperware and leave it in the fridge overnight. Eat it cold. It's filling and delicious and you get whole grains and protein.

ETA: you leave the oats raw, don't cook them. The yogurt softens them up overnight.
  • SouledOutDiva
    SouledOutDiva Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats are amazing for grab and go mornings. There's all different variations you can try. I am not a breakfast person but I absolutely love the overnight oats, it tastes like a dessert. This is the recipe I use most of the time:

1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2-1 cup milk [depending on how thick you like it]
    1/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
    1/4 cup raisins
    1/2 tbsp chia seeds
    Cinnamon to taste

Mix it all together and put in fridge overnight.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be traditional breakfast foods? I've love leftovers for breakfast. Just put them in pre-portioned container and grab and go.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Protein Pancakes that I make the night before:
    1/4 cup oatmeal
    1/3-1/2 cup of blueberries, strawberries or raspberries
    4 egg whites
    cinnamon to taste
    I put the oatmeal in my mini-food processor to break it up. Then add egg whites, cinnamon and the fruit. Pour it all into a pan sprayed with pam. Let it firm up and flip it. I put it in the fridge overnight and grap it in the morning. Taste good either warm or cold. I eat it plain or top it with Agave Nectar.
  • flexdirectcpr
    flexdirectcpr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I put 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 1 tablespoon PB2 and 1/2 banana and cinnamon in a container. When I get to work, I add 6 oz of water and nuke for 2 minutes. it is super yummy and filling.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    This too! :happy:
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bump for Quiche recipe*
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beelanc
    beelanc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    GREAT IDEAS!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Measure out everything the night before ... 1 small dry ingredient bowl & 1 larger "wet" ingredient bowl to refrigerate. In the a.m. mix & go

3/4 C Kashi Go Lean mix in: Dannon Light & Fit, 1/4 C frozen raspberries, 1 TBL sliced almonds. 250 Calories ... 16.8 gms protein, 10.5 gms fiber, 4.6 gms good fat ..... keeps me full until lunch
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs? Super healthy, great protein and very filling (for me anyway). So if you like eggs, this would be a good option.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I second the breakfast burrito idea, or maybe some oatmeal? I like to do half a cup of oatmeal, half a cup of yogurt, and half a cup of water in the fridge at night and then put it in the microwave for like 45 seconds in the morning.

I tend to like oatmeal cooked on the stove though...but maybe will give this a try :) Thank you :)

Rolled (old fashioned) and instant (quick) oats are ALL per-cooked. Rolled oats will maintain their texture a bit more because they are not rolled as thinly as instant oats.

If you want very little texture for your overnight oats .... use the instant kind.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    overnight refrigerator oatmeal was mentioned already, but I wanted to share a link with a bunch of recipes:
    http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • sun_shine_day_dreams
    sun_shine_day_dreams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Coconut Chia Pudding

Makes two 1 cup servings
    2 tablespoons honey or agave
    1 cup coconut milk
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk*
    4 tablespoons chia seeds
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
    1. Put honey or agave in a small bowl and add a few drops of water. Whisk to thin the texture. If your honey is very thick or has crystalized, you may even want to heat the honey/water mixture to dissolve the sweetener.
    2. Add thinned honey, coconut milk, vanilla almond milk, chia seeds and cinnamon, if using, to a medium bowl. Whisk until thoroughly mixed. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours, until the mixture has a pudding texture. Serve cold. Store pudding in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
    * Note: To make this nut-free, simply substitute unsweetened vanilla soy milk for the almond milk or double the coconut milk. If you choose the latter, add pure vanilla extract to taste to get a bit of vanilla flavor.

I add half a banana to each cup as well. YUM!
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Google refrigerator oatmeal.