Birthday Week NSV

Options
SAH1906
SAH1906 Posts: 60 Member
40th Birthday coming up on Thursday and some of my friends gathered to give me a party on Saturday. One of my friends from church was unable to come, but I saw her last night when we were both working the new member orientation class.

She gave me a nice shirt as a present, however it is a Large and I told her that it would serve as my inspiration shirt since I wear a 2XL. I started off this journey wearing a 3XL so I didn't look like someone poured me into a shirt. Picture a pitcher of KoolAid.

Anyway, I put the shirt on this morning just to see if I could at least get it over my neck. Lo and behold! I got it on! Now, it's still tight as all get out. (Picture again the KoolAid pitcher) But I was able to get it on my body. So my new short term goal is to be able to comfortably be able to wear the shirt and no one think its too tight!

Replies

• oldnovice
    oldnovice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! You'll be looking good in that shirt before your next birthday. Keep on.
  • trmrgb
    trmrgb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Way to go. Things like this make the day to day worth while. Keep up the great work and that shirt will fit in not time! Happy Birthday.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    That's great I am still wearing my t-shirts I did before I started 2x and they are way to big I wonder what size I would be now. I guess I don't buy tshirts enough.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    40th Birthday coming up on Thursday and some of my friends gathered to give me a party on Saturday. One of my friends from church was unable to come, but I saw her last night when we were both working the new member orientation class.

She gave me a nice shirt as a present, however it is a Large and I told her that it would serve as my inspiration shirt since I wear a 2XL. I started off this journey wearing a 3XL so I didn't look like someone poured me into a shirt. Picture a pitcher of KoolAid.

Anyway, I put the shirt on this morning just to see if I could at least get it over my neck. Lo and behold! I got it on! Now, it's still tight as all get out. (Picture again the KoolAid pitcher) But I was able to get it on my body. So my new short term goal is to be able to comfortably be able to wear the shirt and no one think its too tight!

Congratulations. I know the feeling, its like you want to shout out to the world I am getting there. Keep going, even on the bad days because this is a long journey and the race is not for the swift.
  • clbenard
    clbenard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • GryffindorWinz
    GryffindorWinz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Congrats on the shirt!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!