Anyone up for a 30 lb challenge by Christmas?

Options

Replies

• Meghansnana
    Options
    I am in also, think it will be just the motivation I need for the holidays, but I will be thrilled with 2.0 lbs. per wk. . So sign me up!!
  • 2anewme2013
    Options
    I am in I would love to be able to lose 30lbs by Christmas. I am new to this site so I will give all the support I can give and pray everyone else does the same to keep me motivated....:-)
  • SpunkiMama
    SpunkiMama Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am in! ♥
  • Jazzabelle100885
    Options
    Totally up for it. Forget all those Debbie Downers, 30 lbs might not work for everyone but it sure can work for some people. As long as we don't beat ourselves up if we don't reach that goal, it is all good!!

Add me if you want :)
  • SpunkiMama
    Options
    How many weeks til Christmas? Almost 14? That's more than 2lbs a week! Pretty sure that's not healthy. At least not for those of us with much lower goals.

It may be a little unrealistic, but its a way to push ourselves to our limit to reach something that most feel is impossible.

If you dont want to shoot for 30lbs, then shoot for what you feel comfortable with. I go in 5lb incriments, if I dont hit 30lbs , then I dont, but I am going try like hell to get there
  • SpunkiMama
    Options
    I am in also, think it will be just the motivation I need for the holidays, but I will be thrilled with 2.0 lbs. per wk. . So sign me up!!

HAHA I hear ya, I will be thrilled to those 10lbs by christmas... takes me FOREVER to shed 1 lb!
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    That is my New years goal; BUT Christmas is do able !!! I have my new years down just waiting and it is cut wayyyyyyy down there and I am excited that I am getting to wear all this neat stuff. So I am there chickie count me in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    I'm in.
    Not sure I can be that aggressive due to current heath issues but I'm willing to give it a go :happy:
    Let's do this :happy:
    xx
  • traceyjohnson754
    Options
    can anybody tell me how to change my ticker from lbs to kilos please?
  • rezekiel
    rezekiel Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It may be a little unrealistic, but its a way to push ourselves to our limit to reach something that most feel is impossible.

If you dont want to shoot for 30lbs, then shoot for what you feel comfortable with. I go in 5lb incriments, if I dont hit 30lbs , then I dont, but I am going try like hell to get there
    [/quote]

Awesome!
  • rezekiel
    Options
    Totally up for it. Forget all those Debbie Downers, 30 lbs might not work for everyone but it sure can work for some people. As long as we don't beat ourselves up if we don't reach that goal, it is all good!!

Add me if you want :)

Great! There's been a group formed and we've already started posting our starting weight, those of you interested let's get started!:happy:
  • StangMan12
    StangMan12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I WONT COMMIT TO A 30 POUND BY CHRISTMAS even though it sounds nice :) but if someone else wants to start a thread for a lower amount by CHRISTMAS i WILL BE IN FOR THAT AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU WHO DO TAKE THIS CHALLENGE MAY IT BE A SUCCESSFUL HEALTHY ONE
    The group is "Lose 30 lbs by Christmas or what you will" If you have a goal you want to reach by Christmas, it's just fun way to help stay motivated. Set your goal and see if you can reach it (If you can look at it that way). I hope to lose 30 because I have so much to lose, but if I don't make it I will have tried my best and stayed with my program. It's going to be very hard for me to pass on the holiday goodies and this will help me to say no. It's more about support to stay on track to reach whatever goal you set, at least that's the way I look at it.
  • scd78
    scd78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • tara_seay
    tara_seay Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Add me.
  • Eastern_Echo23
    Eastern_Echo23 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    im on my honeymoon right now and don't have access to a scale.... soo i can join in once i get to germany and get back into my normal routine (that is in like a week and a half.... i agree 30 pounds is too high if your losing at a healthy rate so lets cut that in half and say 15 pounds by christmas and if you happen to lose more along the way you get a fancy bonus... a nice christmas present ;) from yourself
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I would like to challenge myself. this is also motivaion for me to kick it up a notch in the gym and to watch my sugar and calorie intake. how do i find the group to join? and please feel free to add me i need the support! good luck all!
  • helsbelshms
    helsbelshms Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group. Only have 36lb to lose to be in my healthy weight range, so won't get 30lb by Christmas, but it's a good challenge to see how much I can lose.
  • Susanne5
    Susanne5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in... I have 40-50 lbs to lose. Portion control is not a problem it is the lack of exercise.
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I am wanting to lose 35 pounds to put me in Onederland but, it is feeling impossible since I am alone all of the time!

:) happy to see other's wanting to succeed as well!
  • rezekiel
    Options
    If you're in join the group: 30 lbs to Christmas Challenge or what you will!