What flavored drinks do you drink?

Options
Hi everyone.... newbie here.

I wanted to know what everyone's go-to drink of choice is. Right now mine is Gatorade, but I know that packs a decent amount of sugar. I've tried the G2, but it seems to give me headaches. I don't want to drink any of the water that has fake sugar (source of headaches, plus just plain not good for you), and it seems SO hard to find something that doesn't contain that, or an unhealthy amount of normal sugar.

I don't like the taste of water all day long (I will maybe have a glass or 2 a day), and definitely want something flavored/with a slight flavor for workouts/the rest of my day, and I'm stuck.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Chrissy

Replies

• sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I drink naturally flavored seltzer water -- no sugar, fake or real. Tastes better than water if you're bored of it and also hydrates you nicely! Or I drink those coconut milks :)
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hi
    I drink some water, and some tea. You can have either fruity teas, or herbal ones. They are flavored and if you don't add any sugar/honey, they have 0 calories.
    MM
  • ryanmelissa09
    Options
    I am hooked on crystal light to go packets and propel to go packets. My favortie crystal light one is hunger statisfaction strawberry banana . Its so good.
  • FairyGodMother
    FairyGodMother Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really like Crystal Light but lately I've been concentrating on getting 2 liters of water each day with lime juice or lemon juice because it's alkaline and very good for your liver. I've been training more this week so I've been trying to keep the lactic acid from backing up in my system/muscles. I'm a recovering sugar junky so this is a definitely challenge for me. :drinker:
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    I just drink water, but if you get bored with plain water, put lemon or lime slices in it, or even chop up some strawberries (even cucumber is nice) and have it sitting in your jug, then pour your water from that.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the crystal light packets and similar brands use fake sugar (aspartame), which is what gives her headaches. Not sure if sucralose also gives you headaches, but if not then you could try the Propel vitamin enhanced water beverage mix. Otherwise, flavored teas or Sparren's idea works nicely.
  • miss_chriss
    Options
    Thanks everyone... and yes, the aspartame is what I'm trying to stay away from. Sucralose doesn't bother me as much, but I still don't like the fake sugar thing.

I think I'm going to try the seltzer water! (I'm a soda junkie...ugh...)

sarahleelee - any certain brand that you like best? I was looking into seltzer water before and there's only a million options.. :)
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am wierd, but I cant just drink cold water like from a bottle. I have to put lots of ice in it to make it super cold, thats how I get my daily intake of water

Then I will just pop a crystal light packet in