Inches and pounds where are you?

Options
if you have reached your final goals, or just getting started, what have you lost both in pounds and inches, and what is more important to you?

ive lost 15 pounds, and 10 inches off my waist.
i suppose inches are more important, but a loss in either is a win for me.

Replies

• ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    if you have reached your final goals, or just getting started, what have you lost both in pounds and inches, and what is more important to you?

ive lost 15 pounds, and 10 inches off my waist.
    i suppose inches are more important, but a loss in either is a win for me.

Lucky...I've lost 9 lbs and lost barely 2 inches off my waist :(
  • JenS2586
    Options
    Not including the 20lbs I gained during my last pregnancy, I've lost around 22ish lbs. 37.5inches allover my body [last I checked anyway which was 5lbs ago].
    Inches is more important because I want to gain lean muscle mass, but I'd still love to see the scale drop another 10lbs.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've lost 24 lbs and 3.5 inches off my waist, 3 inches off my hips and 2.3 inches off my chest. I like seeing both, but I am more interested in my measurements. Weight doesnt matter to me as much.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    So far 43lbs and 6 inches off my waist.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have lost 90 lbs. I went from size 38 pants to 29. I don't know how that relates to inches, but I feel pretty awesome.
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 lbs and 36 inches all over .....8.5 from my waist specifically.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    So far, I've lost 45 pounds and 7 inches from my waist. I think both are important, but I honestly pay more attention to the weight than the inches, unlike many on here.
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    everyones done so great! keep up the good work
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Seeing my friend, Alex, reply to this thread, inspired me to find out how many inches I had lost. So, I got out my old records and my tape measure. Since February 24, 2012, when I started this journey, I have lost 105 pounds, gone from a size 22 to a size 4 and lost a total of 41 inches from my chest, waist and hips. The amount lost from each area is...Chest - 13 inches, waist - 14.5 inches and hips - 13.5 inches. I did not keep up with other measurements, but can definitely see there are many gone from all other areas too. Pretty happy camper here!
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    So far, I've lost 45 pounds and 7 inches from my waist. I think both are important, but I honestly pay more attention to the weight than the inches, unlike many on here.

I pay attention to it too...weight is weight, the main concern is to be SLIMMER.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight at 240 but didn't take measurements until I was 230. At 230 my measurements were 41-38-52. I am now 178 lbs and my latest measurements are 35-32.5-43.5. Both are equally important to me as I tend to lose pounds and inches at the same time, I attribute it to a good mix of lifting and cardio.
  • junepinktigger
    junepinktigger Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i am 3 months in and lost 23 lbs and 19 inches over all body i am struggling to get any off my hips :( in that 3 months had major surgery and was in a car crash. slow up to now but i am all clear from surgery just need to find motivation to do it now and do it proper
  • buffyfan22
    Options

It's actually smarter to count the inches as opposed to the weight because muscle weighs as well, it's actually more dense than fat. Unless you're just losing weight and muscle mass by not lifting. Which is not very smart.
  • Daws387
    Daws387 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My waist went from 41.5 inches down to 37.5 (9/2/13). I measure once a month so we'll see where I am next week.

I started at 234 lbs and now weigh 197. I'm 6'2" so not a huge difference. My shirts still fit, just significantly looser, but I had to get new pants and a new belt.
  • scubar17
    Options
    I've lost just over 52 lbs but have dropped an amazing 50 inches off my body!!! Inches have become more important to me than pounds.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I've lost 51 lbs since March and was a size 18W-20W now down to a size 12 or medium. Haven't really been taking measurements.

14 lbs to go!
  • AlmostAfloat
    AlmostAfloat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 lbs. 3" off waist and 4" off hips. They're both important to me.
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    112 pounds. 11 inches from waist. Last October I had a 47 inch waist, today it's 36. I went through many different sized trousers this year!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options

It's actually smarter to count the inches as opposed to the weight because muscle weighs as well, it's actually more dense than fat. Unless you're just losing weight and muscle mass by not lifting. Which is not very smart.

Wow, thanks so much for making assumptions about my workout routine based on nothing AND insulting my intelligence! Just for fun, I'll make an unflaterring assumption about you, too. Not losing much weight and trying to convince yourself that you're doing great anyway because "muscle weighs more than fat"?
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Seeing as I've only lost 0.2 lbs in the past 2 months and gone down and entire pant size - Inches are more important! I have no idea about the exact number I've lost though
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!